XAMPP on CD, USB Flash or HDD

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Postby bernd888 » 06. August 2008 00:59

lyntuan wrote:Now AMPstart is compressed with new version of PECompact (www.bitsum.com)
Free of false alert. Tested by http://virusscan.jotti.org/

AMPstart version 1.2.3.3

Hi,

in Version 1.2.3.9 http://virusscan.jotti.org today has detected:
- CPsecure Found Troj.Downloader.W32.Banload.cpg
- Ikarus Found Backdoor.Win32.Hupigon.eyu

Though I believe you that those are false alerts you might understand that there are users who start to feel uncomfortable.

However the benefit of your software in my case has been a huge speedup for my test of complex shop software like magento on xampp.

I already had installed xampp on my regular harddrive of my vista pc in order to have some speed advantages but that still had bad results in speed affairs and I thought it might take centuries to fill my shop database with some sample data.

Now after using AMPstart it is running so fast I never have seen before.

So thank you very much for your little tool!

regards,
B.
bernd888

Re: XAMPP on CD, USB Flash or HDD

Postby dan9200 » 15. April 2009 10:34

hello!
i followed all what is in the instruction but still the xammp lite is not running,though there is an icon in the taskbar that telling that the xampp server is running still it is not.What i mean is,when i tried to check if the xampp server in the control panel the status o the three (mysql,filezilla...)are not starting. when i tried to put this on my browser localhost/test/index.php, (test is my site name)it is saying that it cannot connect to the database,i followed the procedure in making the AMPstart.ini file.Here is what i write(correct this if i am wrong pls..)

;--- start of ini file ---
[database]
overwrite=1
folder=folder/in/drive/C

[website]
website=sumpay ;htdocs\sumpay
startup= ;index.php as default

[cd]
eject= ;1=eject CD door when shut down
;--- end of ini file ---

then as i tray to check in the browser if the xampp is running it gives me this:

"Warning: fopen(lang.tmp) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in E:\xampplite\htdocs\xampp\lang.php on line 2

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in E:\xampplite\htdocs\xampp\lang.php on line 3

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in E:\xampplite\htdocs\xampp\lang.php on line 4

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at E:\xampplite\htdocs\xampp\lang.php:2) in E:\xampplite\htdocs\xampp\lang.php on line 5"

pls help me!i have already put my site on a usb but my prof. wants me to put it on a cd or dvd.pls help me!
you can mail me at my address for any procedure to correct things. dannielangel@yahoo.com..
pls..any have a good hearth there..pls help me..
i will give demonoid invatation code to anyone who can help me in this problem..
thank to all
daniel
dan9200

Postby Sharley » 15. April 2009 16:14

What is AMPstart.ini - this is not an XAMPP file and so is not supported here, please find and contact the author of what ever it is you are using and do a forum and Google search for it as there has been some bad reports that malware may have been included in the app.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby dan9200 » 16. April 2009 03:23

"What is AMPstart.ini - this is not an XAMPP file and so is not supported here, please find and contact the author of what ever it is you are using and do a forum and Google search for it as there has been some bad reports that malware may have been included in the app."

dearest sharley,
thanks for the concern,but if this app has or have any malware then why does my Kasperky I.S 8.0.0.54 did not detect any of those malware.?Also havent you read the very first page of this forum?If not better read first,after then you will know what iam sayin.yes, i know that ampstart.ini is not part of ampstart app. this is an ".ini" file. And .ini ......is not a malware..Lol!
also i know that the .ini file and ampstart.exe is not a part of xampp (bacic) nor xampp lite.Better read first!

Very thank
~dan
dan9200

Postby Sharley » 16. April 2009 07:39

dan9200 wrote:dearest sharley,
thanks for the concern,but if this app has or have any malware then why does my Kasperky I.S 8.0.0.54 did not detect any of those malware.?Also havent you read the very first page of this forum?If not better read first,after then you will know what iam sayin.yes, i know that ampstart.ini is not part of ampstart app. this is an ".ini" file. And .ini ......is not a malware..Lol!
also i know that the .ini file and ampstart.exe is not a part of xampp (bacic) nor xampp lite.Better read first!

Very thank
~dan

My caution and warning is not only aimed at AMPstart but to any application that is closed source and packed with an unknown encryption algorithm that may hide the true intentions of the application, that may also have access to all your files and perhaps sensitive data on a PC and with Internet access via a very open source and insecure web server to do as it wishes in the background, unobserved and undetected - but as always this possibly dangerous choice is yours to make and yours alone.

Using multiple Anti-virus scans is always better than using a single lone scan as often this has been known to show that a possible infection may be the result of using a particular .exe file, and who wants the hassle of disinfecting anyway.
http://virusscan.jotti.org/

This post by my good friend Izzy did some intensive research on this app. sometime ago when many were complaining it contained Malware and the links to the Anubis reports are still current:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26544

There are many discussions on these forums regarding AMPstart, as a forum search will reveal and this is only one such topic of many, so I have been around this subject for some time as has my friend Izzy, both names may be used in the Author field of an advanced XAMPP for Windows forum search:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=32686

The poster of this thread adds a comment of what he thinks of lyntuan ;)
viewtopic.php?p=129908#p129908

These Google search results may also help in the decision process as to whether or not to use a closed and encrypted source application in an open source environment - the reference to Oswald in one or the results is of course our lead XAMPP developer and forum Administrator.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby dan9200 » 16. April 2009 12:25

Again, thanks sharley? My very reason to post those things is that i want to know how to a put my site on a cd/dvd (static site). I was trying to answer you post thinking that you Might help me in sovling my cause!I already know some of your posted links.!I dont care if that ampstart is or was having a malware!If it has a trojan dropper or whatsoever!Again, KIS is not only the Anti Vi i Am using(i did not say that I only use KIS).Further,I scanned My computer via online using symantec,!making my self secure!And everytime i download something i do research and im grabbing any risk only to solve my problem!I know the risk of having those malware but fyi i always clean my computer for any of those treat!
My very sincere thanks!I already found an app that can satisfy my need!But i still want to use xampp lite for cd because i love its way.It is more alike WAMPP server,that im using for sometimes.
Sorry my friend if i cause you something.Still i need your help to solve my problem.Reading you posts/replies makes me think how the way you read of something.Please help me.!
Thanks
~daniel
dan9200

Postby charmingfille » 29. October 2009 14:20

Hi ...
i did all the previous steps to put the site on CD ...
but when i start the AMPstart ... it says time out apache please run the AMPstart as an administrator or restart the AMPstart
please help ... what should i do ???????????????
charmingfille

Postby Izzy » 29. October 2009 19:53

charmingfille wrote:what should i do ???????????????
This is not supported by Apache Friends nor is it an XAMPP component so I guess you should ask the author of the app. what to do and especially ask if it is Vista compatible.
Izzy

Postby Newrone » 19. November 2009 11:33

dan9200 wrote:I already found an app that can satisfy my need!
~daniel

So what's the big secret Dan? ;-)
Newrone

Previous

Return to XAMPP for Windows