Hi there - Thanks for trying to help a rookie.
I am trying to create a virtual host for webpages to test locally that I create in Dreamweaver.
I have downloaded the latest XAMPP-software and installed the Apache, PHP, MyPHPAdmin, MySQL.
I have tested and every thing work according to plan.
I then added the necessary passwords to make it secure.
Still no problems - everything works fine.
Then I used the following information to setup my virtual hosts to all my different websites - Link http://johnbokma.com/windows/apache-virtual-hosts-xp.html
Thus to quickly summarize the process:
- I created exactly the same folder structure as explained to me.
- I named the virtual hosts in the ect-folder as explained.
- I created the virtual-host.conf file with the necessary - obviously my details
- I then update the appache conf file with ''Include conf/virtual-host.conf"
- then I restart the apache server and PROBLEMS.
Code Error 403 - Access Denied - See exact copy below
You don't have permission to access the requested directory. There is either no index document or the directory is read-protected.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Apache/2.2.3 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8d mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.1.6
If I remove the Include conf/virtual-host.conf and restart apache everything is working again - first it asked for my login details again and them I am back at the XAMPP dashboard.
Hope to hear from anyone soon.