New Portable XAMPP Lite

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

New Portable XAMPP Lite

Postby alfadir » 25. October 2006 23:24

Hello all,

A new portable version of Xampp Lite Win32 complete.
This version does not result from the code of portableapps.com
The portable version is entirely configurable like Xampp Lite normal, the files of ' CONF' are modified has each change of the letter of the unit without changing the configuration of the user. Only the ways of Xampp are modified in the files of ' CONF'.
I added a 'ALIAS' which points on the WWW folder has the root of the ' launcher'. You can put your site inside. The file of 'CONF' of alias is also configured has each change of the letter of unit.
In the next version the launcher will be multi-language.

You can download it HERE.
Thank you with the developers of Xampp.

Cordially,
Alfadir.

Not to put ' - ' '.' '/' ' \ '... for the name folder of PortableXamppLite
alfadir

Postby Izzy » 26. October 2006 03:23

Thanks for the pointer.
I can't test it as I don't have a portable situation.

Perhaps any member who test it out might like to post their findings in this thread. Would be interesting to read your tests results.

Here is another solution posted in September by patrick_yi_82:

USB Tips and Tricks (xampp using relative path)
http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?t=20141
Izzy

Postby MrWilsonUSCG » 01. November 2006 21:49

Were you saying that this adjusts when the drive letter changes. For example when I install and configure the drive it is drive "F:" but it will stil work if the next computer I use it on is "K:"?
MrWilsonUSCG

Postby alfadir » 05. November 2006 23:57

MrWilsonUSCG wrote:Were you saying that this adjusts when the drive letter changes. For example when I install and configure the drive it is drive "F:" but it will stil work if the next computer I use it on is "K:"?

A door the letter of the PortableXamppLite reader can is adjusted all alone.

New PortableXamppLite:
*Upgrade XamppLite (v1.5.4a)
*Upgrade Launcher
alfadir

Postby lyntuan » 08. November 2006 02:34

Please use AMPstart to run XAMPP on CD-ROM or USB Flash. Put AMPstart to XAMPP folder and run it. That's all.

viewtopic.php?t=21294
Last edited by lyntuan on 26. December 2008 13:02, edited 1 time in total.
lyntuan

A Few more questions for XamppLite

Postby jaguaruk » 02. January 2007 02:58

Okay, I am new to MySQL and running Apache, up to now all I have used is IIS on Windows XP Pro SP2.

I downloaded a copy of PortableXamppLite as this sounded great if I could run Apache and MySQL on a USB stick without having to uninstall IIS off my laptop.

Qu1. So my first question; is it possible to run this portable version of Xampp on Windows XP Pro with IIS still installed?

Qu2. I have checked through the forum and wondered if anyone had every written a step-by-step guide on how to get this running?

Qu3. Up to now I have copied the install directories on to the USB stick and these are at root level. So when you now look at my USB stick I have the following folder; G:\PortableXamppLiteInc, G:\www, G:\xampplite if I run the file 'PortableXamppLite.exe' I get the XAMPP Control Panel Application up. This will let me start Apache and MySQL and these then show up as started, although the rest of the menu is in French. Is Apache and MySQL now running and do I access them?

Qu4. As with Qu3, when I try http://localhost/ it asks me for a username and password, but I believe at this stage it may be trying to access the root level of my IIS installation? because how will my laptop know to look on drive G: for the webserver rather than my default install of IIS on drive CConfused

Any assistance on the above would be very welcome as being able to run Apache and MySQL on a USB stick sound extremly useful.

TIA,

Ken
jaguaruk

Return to XAMPP for Windows