help with install of Torrentflux and XAMPP

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

help with install of Torrentflux and XAMPP

Postby raptorrage » 18. October 2006 04:02

well to start off i just reinstall everything in favor of XAMPP and went over every procedure and
followed the instructions i found here for torrentflux http://cologne-predators....deo/torrentfluxready.html

but i keep getting this error when i try to login to TF

Code: Select all

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\torrentflux\html\adodb\adodb-lib.inc.php on line 565

Database error: Access denied for user 'torrentflux'@'localhost' to database 'torrentflux'

Always check your database variables in the config.php file.

I have checked the config.php for any errors i can't find any.

the errors reports line 565 as being incorrect i just don't know where this file is located @ as i am not that familiar with XAMPP

not exactly sure if its the database/XAMPP or TF

it would be most helpfull is someone can help me with this issue (also I'm a noob when it comes to things like php)

BTW this win-beta 2.0 TF on a windows 2003 server
raptorrage

Re: help with install of Torrentflux and XAMPP

Postby Izzy » 18. October 2006 04:34

raptorrage wrote:well to start off i just reinstall everything in favor of XAMPP and went over every procedure and
followed the instructions i found here for torrentflux http://cologne-predators....deo/torrentfluxready.html

First your url link to cologne-predators doesn't work and needs fixing. You should always test your links after posting then edit when needed. Don't just copy and paste from another forum's post it don't work. This needs editing to fix it as I can't read the instructions you used.

raptorrage wrote: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\torrentflux\html\adodb\adodb-lib.inc.php on line 565
...the errors reports line 565 as being incorrect i just don't know where this file is located @ as i am not that familiar with XAMPP

The error message contains the path to the file that is giving errors:
C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\torrentflux\html\adodb\adodb-lib.inc.php

raptorrage wrote:Database error: Access denied for user 'torrentflux'@'localhost' to database 'torrentflux'

Always check your database variables in the config.php file.

I have checked the config.php for any errors i can't find any.

Did you set up the database correctly in phpMyAdmin?
The priveleges given to user torrentflux are inadequate.
Check with phpMyAdmin the privileges given to that user in the Priveleges menu.

You config.php file should contain at least this info:
Database name
Host
Database user
Database user password
Izzy

Re: help with install of Torrentflux and XAMPP

Postby raptorrage » 18. October 2006 07:07

First your url link to cologne-predators doesn't work and needs fixing. You should always test your links after posting then edit when needed. Don't just copy and paste from another forum's post it don't work. This needs editing to fix it as I can't read the instructions you used.

yes your are right the link i posted was incorrect http://cologne-predators.de/deepsurfer/screenvideo/torrentfluxready.html

The error message contains the path to the file that is giving errors:
C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\torrentflux\html\adodb\adodb-lib.inc.php

yes it dose state the directory right there i don't know why it was so hard for me to find but i did find it and did give a look as to what was on that line nothing from what i saw should of caused that error resulting with what was on that lline

Did you set up the database correctly in phpMyAdmin?
The priveleges given to user torrentflux are inadequate.
Check with phpMyAdmin the privileges given to that user in the privileges menu.

At first i thought this was the issue aswell but checked it many times to make sure the user was set with all the corect prevliges and the user has them set

You config.php file should contain at least this info:
Database name
Host
Database user
Database user password

yes it dose contain this info and it dose match what i have set in mysql for the torrentflux database

/**************************************************************************/
// YOUR DATABASE CONNECTION INFORMATION
// Check the adodb/drivers/ directory for support for your database
// you may choose from many (mysql is the default)
$cfg["db_type"] = "mysql";       // mysql, postgres7 view adodb/drivers/
$cfg["db_host"] = "localhost";   // DB host computer name or IP
$cfg["db_name"] = "torrentflux"; // Name of the Database
$cfg["db_user"] = "torrentflux";     // username for your MySQL database
$cfg["db_pass"] = "ws913k";    // password for database

everything is correct here

I have since gone back and removed XAMPP and replaced it with what i was using prior to XAMPP and the issue is gone and torrentflux works without an issue that i can see. Just wish i could have gotten XAMPP to work correctly with TF i still don't know what it was that was the cause of the error though thanks for your help anyway. if you know the fix i will quicky switch back XAMPP is very user friendly i really like that.
raptorrage

Postby Izzy » 18. October 2006 07:35

Just checking if there were any security issues with running TorrentFlux on my server and came up with these:
http://secunia.com/product/12225/?task=advisories_2006

Let me know please what response, if any, you get from your post on the TF forums.

By the way the person who put together the installation tutorial you followed is a prominent member of the ApacheFriends German language forums - deepsurfer.
You could always post in the German forums in English as you will more than likely attract his attention with a TF heading to the topic.

Also the tutorial you followed is for TF for Win 1.3 where you are trying to install TF for Win 2 beta. There may be some subtle differences that might affect your beta install.
You should follow the install instructions included in the zip file as they will be current for that beta version.

Version 1.3 installed easily and worked without any issues on XAMPP following the tutorial and also following the install instructions included in the archive for 1.3.

One has to ask if you followed the install instruction when you installed XAMPP?
Izzy

Postby raptorrage » 27. October 2006 08:10

I have corrected this issue just forgot to give an update

The problem was

C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\torrentflux\

can't have 2 following xmapp folders on you installation of xampp

[Problem Solved]
raptorrage

Postby Izzy » 27. October 2006 10:08

raptorrage wrote:I have corrected this issue just forgot to give an update

The problem was

C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\torrentflux\

can't have 2 following xmapp folders on you installation of xampp

[Problem Solved]

Well done, I am pleased you found the problem and thanks for the feed back. :)

Just in case anyone else reading this thread misses this seemingly small issue, it is clearly pointed out on this page:
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html
It is obviously a very important point to remember to read the documentation before installing XAMPP.

Jump-off point

The Installation

Method A: Installation with the Installer
Method B: "Installation" without the Installer

»I want to start XAMPP without setup!«

»I want to start XAMPP without setup!«
If you extract XAMPP in a top level folder like c:\xampp or d:\xampp etc., you can start XAMPP directly. That means you do not need to execute the "setup_xampp.bat" at all. Apache, MySQL and Mercury Mail server will start up correctly! FileZilla FTP server will not start because it requires absolute paths. Please note: Do not use a double-xampp-folder like c:\xampp\xampp! You need a single-xampp folder like d:\xampp(\apache and so on). Otherwise you must run the "setup-xampp.bat" to set up the path configurations.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows