Issues with Mercury Mail.

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Issues with Mercury Mail.

Postby tomfmason » 15. October 2006 05:00

The mail server has been set up and running fine for 6 months now. Then all of the sudden(absolutly no change on my part) it stoped working to day. I am now unable to send mail via php.

Here is the error that I am getting.

Code: Select all
Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 550 550 Delivery is not allowed to this address.

I am able to send the mail from the Mecury Mail consule. I swear that I have not changed anything. I am completely lost on this one....

The last time that I tried to send a mail. I was also watching in the Mecury Core process pannel and the message was never sent to mecury or at least it never registered.

Any suggestions would be great...

Thanks,
Tom
tomfmason

Postby Izzy » 15. October 2006 06:08

Copy and paste the whole error message in a Google search text box. The results might give you some clues as to what is wrong.

550 - The requested command failed because the user's mailbox was unavailable (for example because it was not found, or because the command was rejected for policy reasons).

http://email.about.com/cs/standards/a/s ... code_2.htm
Izzy

Postby tomfmason » 15. October 2006 07:18

I understand what the error is but I do not understand why that error is showing up. If I send the mail form the control panel (to the same address) it works. However, if I send it via php's mail function I get that error and nothing in the logs...

If it were truly an issue with the address that I was sending to then it would not work from the Control pannel. But that is not the case.. Like I said this just started today.

Any other ideas as to why this is happening?

I have tried sending emails to yahoo, hotmail, and gmail accounts. All are active email address and all will receive the email if I send it from the control panel but none will receive the mail sent via php.

Also, the script that I was using has been working fine for six months now, so I know that is not the issue.

I am thinking that this is a issue with the mail server.

Thanks,
Tom
tomfmason

Return to XAMPP for Windows