Mercury Mail trouble.

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Mercury Mail trouble.

Postby pyrokinetic » 14. October 2006 09:06

Hi there.

I've done some searching through the forums and through google but haven't really found anything that helps me with this problem..

I can't seem to work out how to send/receive e-mails with mercury mail, sure...when I do the e-mail test through my browser it said send was successful to admin@localhost but....where does the e-mail go? is it even readable? I edited the php.ini file so it uses my smtp server (well, my ISP's smtp server which I know works..) but even so I can't send e-mail anywhere else, only to admin@localhost .....anyone got any advice???

Thanks..
pyrokinetic

Re: Mercury Mail trouble.

Postby Izzy » 14. October 2006 11:16

pyrokinetic wrote:Hi there.

I've done some searching through the forums and through google but haven't really found anything that helps me with this problem..

I can't seem to work out how to send/receive e-mails with mercury mail, sure...when I do the e-mail test through my browser it said send was successful to admin@localhost but....where does the e-mail go? is it even readable? I edited the php.ini file so it uses my smtp server (well, my ISP's smtp server which I know works..) but even so I can't send e-mail anywhere else, only to admin@localhost .....anyone got any advice???

Thanks..

Did you add user accounts?
Configuration | Manage Local Users | Add
The help facility included (press Help button on any screen) is quite comprehensive.

Is your ISP blocking port 25 if so change the smtp port to port 26.

Usually Mercury Mail works out of the box once you add user accounts.

Pegasus have a tutorial on their site. Heavy reading though ;)
http://kbase.pmail.gen.nz/viewfull.cfm? ... 08C709E5EC

The php.ini file mail settings are for a php script use. On the php page sending mail from a form there is usually a recipients e-mail address to receive the form from the web page.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows