Python for XAMPP

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Python for XAMPP

Postby hotnuts21 » 09. October 2006 17:54

On the xampp for windows download page, it mentions that Python is one of the main addons provided, however I could not find this package. At the addons site the latest python version is nearly 12 months old.

Is there a python installer for the latest version of xampp or has it been stopped?

thnkx
hotnuts21

Re: Python for XAMPP

Postby Izzy » 10. October 2006 01:33

hotnuts21 wrote:On the xampp for windows download page, it mentions that Python is one of the main addons provided, however I could not find this package. At the addons site the latest python version is nearly 12 months old.

Is there a python installer for the latest version of xampp or has it been stopped?

thnkx
What version of XAMPP are we talking about here as I don't see anything about Python mentioned for the latest version:
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html#641
Izzy

Postby hotnuts21 » 10. October 2006 09:22

On that page you pointed to under the installation instructions there is this section.

Practice 3: Installation of Addons
Many additional addons exist for the development with the main package. At the moment, the official addons for win32 from this side are:

* Perl Addon with Mod_Perl and a selection important Perl Modules
* Tomcat Addon (Requirement: SUN J2SE SDK must already be installed)
* Cocoon for Tomcat Addon (Requirement: Tomcat Addon must already be installed)
* Python Addon

But it is not yet listed in the addons download section, so I was wondering if/when it would be ready if at all.
hotnuts21

Python should be included in the full package

Postby ReneL » 27. November 2006 08:48

hotnuts21 wrote:But it is not yet listed in the addons download section, so I was wondering if/when it would be ready if at all.

He is right, Python is mentioned several times on the XAMPP download page but the Addon is one year old.
Who is currently responsible for the Addons or particularly for the Python Addon?

Python is a powerful language (not only for Google backend development) and should be included in the Full package and as Addon for the Lite package.

Keep up the good work, best regards,
René
Das aktuellste Office-Paket, kompakt, kompatibel und kostenlos: OpenOffice.org
Voller Funktionumfang, trotzdem einfach zu bedienen. Features: neuer OpenDocument-Standard, PDF-Export, Versionierung.
de.openoffice.org
ReneL

Use this

Postby mnemotronic » 29. November 2006 00:40

mnemotronic

Return to XAMPP for Windows