Question about C:C:\ in some files

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Question about C:C:\ in some files

Postby gregma » 26. September 2006 23:20

I have installed XAMPP on Windows XP, I used the zip file, unzipping to "C:\xampp". I also unzipped and updated the PERL add-on I ran the setup_xampp.bat in the directory to set all the paths. I noted in apxs.bat, apxs.pl, and ppm3-bin.cfg that the path is:

C:C:\xamp\perl\...

Is this correct to have the C:C:? This was all automated setup stuff so I imagine it is, but wanted to make sure.

Thanks!
Greg
gregma

Re: Question about C:C:\ in some files

Postby Izzy » 27. September 2006 00:00

gregma wrote:I have installed XAMPP on Windows XP, I used the zip file, unzipping to "C:\xampp". I also unzipped and updated the PERL add-on I ran the setup_xampp.bat in the directory to set all the paths. I noted in apxs.bat, apxs.pl, and ppm3-bin.cfg that the path is:

C:C:\xamp\perl\...

Is this correct to have the C:C:? This was all automated setup stuff so I imagine it is, but wanted to make sure.

Thanks!
Greg
I find this is the result of running the setup_xampp.bat, often more than once, which adds an extra C: to the paths.

You will have to go through all your conf and ini files, find and delete one of the C: from the path statements, where ever you find them. A bit of a pain but needs to be done. Your paths should be C:\xampp\... etc.

You will find these double C: entries in files like
xampp\apache\conf\httpd.conf
xampp\apache\bin\php.ini
xampp\htdocs\xampp\.htaccess
but not limited to the above. Off hand I can't recall all the files the bat file changes.

Just to add if you installed XAMPP to a root directory in the C: drive, C:\xampp, then there is no need to run the setup_xampp.bat. If you do, then you may have this double C: issue raise it's ugly head.
Izzy

Re: Question about C:C:\ in some files

Postby gregma » 29. September 2006 15:23

Izzy wrote:Just to add if you installed XAMPP to a root directory in the C: drive, C:\xampp, then there is no need to run the setup_xampp.bat. If you do, then you may have this double C: issue raise it's ugly head.

That's probably it. I installed the PERL add-on and that told me to run the setup_xampp.bat file after unpacking all the files from the zip. Should I not have done that?

Thanks!
Greg
gregma

Return to XAMPP for Windows