XAMPP + IIS servers on same computer

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP + IIS servers on same computer

Postby codrinutz » 25. September 2006 15:38

Hi,

First of all, I want to say that I’m a newbie to apache, php and mysql, but I want to learn. I want to setup XAMPP 1.5.4 to run on a computer that has already another web server running (IIS, MySQL4 and PHP4). It will be my testing server because I don’t have access to the one that already running. So, I set the port of apache to 82 and the port of mysql to 3333 but it doesn’t work. What should I do?
codrinutz

Re: XAMPP + IIS servers on same computer

Postby Izzy » 25. September 2006 23:58

codrinutz wrote:Hi,

First of all, I want to say that I’m a newbie to apache, php and mysql, but I want to learn. I want to setup XAMPP 1.5.4 to run on a computer that has already another web server running (IIS, MySQL4 and PHP4). It will be my testing server because I don’t have access to the one that already running. So, I set the port of apache to 82 and the port of mysql to 3333 but it doesn’t work. What should I do?
You need to be a whole lot more specific about your issues like what you changed where you change them and what error messages you received and anything else that you think might help to replicate your problems.

Do you have a firewall or router and are they configured correctly for your needs?

There are .exe files in the xampp directory for checking and running modules, did you run any of those?

What .bat files did you try?

Did you read the FAQ and the xampp\readme_en.text file and any other documentation including the other services you are using (IIS, mySQL and php4).

Remember we are not infront of your computer and so rely on you telling us what you did/do and what you see. Only then might it be possible for someone to have a qualified guess at why things "don't work".
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows