VirtualHost, DNS, DocumentRoot. I need your help...

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

VirtualHost, DNS, DocumentRoot. I need your help...

Postby joep » 21. September 2006 16:56

Hello nobody! I'm an italian student (sorry if I make language mistakes). I registered here because I need much help, that italian Apache forums didn't give me.

I'm going to say you what I need practically.

I've got a PC (2GHz, 384MB RAM) with Windows, Apache 2.2.2, PHP 4.4.2 and MySQL 5.0.22.

I've used it so far to do three different things, but always in DIFFERENT MOMENTS:
- to run PHP/MySQL not-public utilities, therefore stopping extern access with the Windows firewall on the port 80 (utilities like PhpMyAdmin, PHP calendars and other fuckin' stuffs);
- to test PHP/MySQL websites (I'm a webmaster), therefore stopping extern access with the Windows firewall and launching websites in the browser using "localhost/";
- to have an external access (example, from my school PCs) on my server, so I can download file from my home-PC, therefore permitting access on port 80 and registering a dynamic DNS.

In this moment I'd like to do this three things at the same time with the same PC, separating files for the three different functions in different folders.
Practically (I'm going to simplify paths) I'd like to have:
- C:\PHPUtility as the DocumentRoot of a host NOT external accessible, perhaps launching it with "localhost/utility";
- C:\WebDev as the DocumentRoot of a host NOT external accessible, launching it with "localhost/";
- C:\WebPublic as the DocumentRoot of a host external accessible with a dynamic DNS, like "joep.freedomain.org/". It's not necessary that I can view the public host from my own PC, where it runs.

Maybe it's not difficult, maybe impossible, bat PLEASE, HELP ME!!!
joep

Postby Izzy » 25. September 2006 08:26

Do you have XAMPP installed and what version is it?

And we don't use swear words on these forums as it will see you being ignored and will more than likely get you banned. So edit your post and remove the swear word XXXXXXX from here:
to run PHP/MySQL not-public utilities, therefore stopping extern access with the Windows firewall on the port 80 (utilities like PhpMyAdmin, PHP calendars and other XXXXXXX' stuffs)

You can't speak the language very well but you seem to know how to use bad words.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows