database export problem

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

database export problem

Postby killerwhale65 » 05. September 2006 15:29

hi,

i am having an error when i try to export my database in phpmyadmin. When i go to the export page, select "send" and then click "start", i get a window asking me to open or save the file, i choose save but then it freezes and does not ask me anymore for a location. phpmyadmin is now frozen and does not react anymore.

Any help on this issue?

Thanks!

Matt
killerwhale65

Re: database export problem

Postby Izzy » 05. September 2006 21:56

killerwhale65 wrote:hi,

i am having an error when i try to export my database in phpmyadmin. When i go to the export page, select "send" and then click "start", i get a window asking me to open or save the file, i choose save but then it freezes and does not ask me anymore for a location. phpmyadmin is now frozen and does not react anymore.

Any help on this issue?

Thanks!

Matt

When I go the phpMyAdmin and click on the button 'Export' I don't see any "send" or "start" buttons to click. What version of XAMPP and phpMyAdmin are you using?

What browser are you using?

I see:
After selecting the database I want to use in the left frame menu drop box.

I click on the 'Export' button on the top menu bar, I see several selection boxes which I don't need to change from the defaults.

Down at the bottom left I see a check box 'Save as file' which I need to tick. I don't need to change anything else.

Next I click on 'Go' bottom right side of the page.

Next I see my browser's prompt window to 'Save to disk' which I click on 'OK'.

Next I am presented with a window asking for a location to save to. I select the desktop and click on 'Save'.

Next I see my saved database file dbname.sql on my desktop. Job done.

I don't get a lock up and if I did I would have to suspect a Windows issue. Perhaps a reboot might help you here, then try again.
Also try a different browser or clear your browser's cache.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows