cant send e-mails with mercury

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

cant send e-mails with mercury

Postby darksniperx » 30. July 2006 04:37

I try to send an e-mail with mercury, mercury smtp server catches request, mercury core process approves it( or that is what it seems to be), then mercury smtp client tryes to connect and reports connection error.

I have tryed to send e-mails to hotmail, gmail, yahoo and still the same error. I have a router and port 25 os port forwarder to the computer where xampp is installed.
darksniperx

Postby max11max » 31. July 2006 12:09

A Bit Off Topic BUT!

Is your isp blocking incoming or outgoing smtp port?

I know many isp'd do this and also block other ports.

You should confirm that your isp does not block this port inbound or outbound before continuing to diagnose.

If they do then you will need to setup a mail relay and send / receive via the isp's mailserver.

max
max11max

Postby darksniperx » 31. July 2006 17:33

I have checked , port 25 is not blocked, and i have allso tryed to use different ports, I have allso port forwarded the ports on my router, turned on dmz, unplugged the router. And i have set up the relay using my isps dns and still nothing.
darksniperx

Postby max11max » 31. July 2006 20:42

My guess is that your problem is DNS related but that is beyond the scope of this forum, however

Have you delegated the DNS MX record to your static/dynamic IP. Lots of mail servers these days will reject mail if it can't do a reverse lookup on the domain name and see the same domain as in from header.

You can use a dynamic IP address but some mail servers will reject mail for several minutes if the IP address changes.

I suggest you take a look at the mailservers website and direct your questions that way.

Sorry but this is an XAMPP forum.

max.
max11max

Return to XAMPP for Windows