Stripping xampplite to the absolute minimum

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Stripping xampplite to the absolute minimum

Postby rHBa » 12. July 2006 01:09

Sorry if this has been mentioned in another thread, I did search first...

I want to have an Apache/PHP/MySQL installation on a 128mb USB drive to use as a development platform when I'm working on somebody else's computer.

I will also need to fit some extra small tools on the drive (FTP client, text editor, putty and firefox). They will JUST fit but I'll need some room to manoeuvre so I need to free up some space.

Is it safe to just delete the phpMyAdmin and Webalizer directories as I won't be needing these?

Cheers in advance...
rHBa

Postby Izzy » 12. July 2006 01:39

I can't see as there will be a problem with that. Just rename the directories to start with and if there is a problem all you have to do is revert. If all works as you intended then it would be fine to just delete them. If there are problems check any config file that may call phpMyAdmin or Webalizer and edit where needed. The only place I can recall that there is a menu item for those is in the XAMPP Admin Panel. :)

Edit: I just renamed those 2 directories on a fixed hard drive install with no problems restarting and running Apache or mySQL. :)
Izzy

Postby rHBa » 12. July 2006 04:19

Thanks for that,

I'll probably delete the XAMPP Admin panel as well to be honest, assuming there's nothing it does that you can't do with httpd.conf/php.ini/mysql shell et al.
rHBa

Return to XAMPP for Windows