I have been running xampplite for a while. I am trying to add phpGedView for my internal network. This worked ok but the old pc I was using was too slow. I decided to install on a faster pc.
To do this I downloaded the latest version of xampp (1.5.3a) and add-ons (Perl 5.8.7-2.2.2 and tomcat 5.5.17).
I installed xampp(not xampplite) which ran 'right out of the box!'. No problems. Then I installed Perl and tomcat. Ran the xampp-setup for each. When I tried to start apache etc, I hit trouble. mySQL and Filezilla started but Apache failed with an error in tomcat conf.
I uninstalled and reinstalled with perl only. failed again, this time missing MSVCR71.dll. searched in xampp zip files to see if it was there - no and not in perl zip file.