MySql export

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

MySql export

Postby dax » 10. May 2006 14:43

I need help on how to export the database that I made in Xampp(MyphpAdmin). I was able to import my mysql database taken from the book, but I don't know how to export the whole database with .database extension.
dax

Postby capitalfellow » 10. May 2006 20:03

phpMyAdmin exports data into a file with the tables and datadescribed described with the SQL language which any other database understands. What program uses files with a .database extension?
capitalfellow

Operating System: OS X

Postby dax » 11. May 2006 12:12

I imported the database that has a database extension (winestore.database). It came with the book "Web Database Applications with PHP and MySql" by Hugh Williams and David Lanel. It is located in http://www.webdatabasebook.com/

I tried to export from PHPmyAdmin but it is printing SQL, can you tell me the step by step procedure because I'm new and I'm still learning.

Thanks for your help...
dax

Postby capitalfellow » 11. May 2006 16:16

There is no winestore.database file in everything in one zip file from the second edition of that book provided on that website. There is a winestore.data file. If you open that file with a text editor you will see that it is just SQL describing the tables first with all the inserts into the tables second. Export your data as SQL with phpMyAdmin and rename the file extension whatever you want it to be.
capitalfellow

Operating System: OS X

Postby dax » 11. May 2006 17:25

I got it...thank you very much...
I need to create a database first before I could import the sql that I exported earlier.
dax

Return to XAMPP for Windows