Getting Mercury Mail to work

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Getting Mercury Mail to work

Postby jsdev » 06. February 2006 20:37

while trying to get mercury mail to work, I enter the email message and the TO and FROM fields, the message etc., but when I send the mail the scrolling status pane of the "Mercury SMTP client" window gives a message "rejected by (my IP here). refer spamblock.outblaze.com . Any ideas - I have not setup or changed anything , I have just run mercury.exe from windows explorer and am trying to send a sample mail to myself.

Is there a detailed HOWTO somewhere for how to use Mercury that comes with XAMPP. (If a step by step explanation is given, it will be great). It shoudl be out there somewhere.

Also, I have a suggestion for admin, why not make a few topics like HOWTOs "sticky", if the BB software allows it(I am not sure whether or not it does).

Thanks in advance,
JS
jsdev

Postby WorldDrknss » 07. February 2006 00:07

check out http://www.worlddrknss.blogdns.org and visit the Tutorial Section, Select flash tutorials, the click on mercurymail and begin watching the tutorial on how to get your email working.
WorldDrknss

still not through

Postby jsdev » 08. February 2006 10:50

first, thanks for the quick reply.
second, this idea of flash tutorials is great. no doubts remain when one _sees_ the entire process.

third, I did all the tutorial told to. But i get an error from my ISP mail server in the Mercury SMTP Client window :

Connection error during handshake with (my_ISP_mailserver_name)
Error FF servicing queue job

Any idea how to get rid of this?

The one thing that I do not have is a genuine domain. I added a fictitious domain jsdev.com on the Mercury core module configuration window in the Local Domains tab. Then I sent a mail from the File->Send Mail menu with a fictitious id jsdev@jsdev.com but it did not complain about the id . Instead it gave the above mentioned error. The default postmaster@localhost.com also got the same message

Any other setting or should i contact my ISP?

Thanks again,
regards,
JS
jsdev

Return to XAMPP for Windows