someone/anyone PLEASE !

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

someone/anyone PLEASE !

Postby sa3bin » 03. February 2006 05:53

i have been running xammp for a few months now, works great. question, my current directory for xampp is C:\xampp\xampp ive NEVER moved any of these files anywhere else ! i have problems maintaning a connection all of a sudden, when i restart services it says xampp is running under windows service, when i open the control panel and click explore it takes me to C:\Documents and Settings\Saebin ! is it not supposed to direct me to C:\xampp\xampp where it was origanly installed? i cannot connect because of this, can anyone help please !!!!!! :?: :?: it says cannot connect xampp on local computer,for more infor review system error log...why is it running in windows service and how do i change it???

http://sa3bin.com
sa3bin

Postby tjthedj » 04. February 2006 04:22

i would suggest that you back up your files, then uninstall it then reinstall it with the new version that just cam out a few weeks ago.
tjthedj

ooooh man.

Postby sa3bin » 04. February 2006 13:02

you serious? i dont know how to back up, how do i back up my database,what files need to be saved in xampp if i MUST reinstal?
no other alternatives?
sa3bin

Postby tjthedj » 04. February 2006 20:48

i'm deffinately not a profession

but when you use the uninstall it asks whether or not you want to delete the mySql databases and also asks if you want to delete the htdocs folder. and if you do it i'd suggest you also back up the htdocs folder by copying everything in it to another place. but the uninstaller is pretty safe.

and really there might be other alternatives to fix the issue.
but really reinstalling is one, i believe

now my next question is, which version of xampp r u running?
tjthedj

hey

Postby sa3bin » 04. February 2006 23:44

heres the verion im running.
xampp-win32-1.5.0-pl1-installer.

any help as of why this has happened and how to fix it would be nice !
sa3bin

Postby tjthedj » 05. February 2006 00:18

ok first off there is a newer version out.

and for anymore help i'd suggest you just keep waiting for someone to reply here.
tjthedj

Postby sa3bin » 05. February 2006 03:33

thanks for the reply, i know about the newer version...scared shitless to instal it over what i have, will it change anything/ still waiting on WHy it has instaled itself or attatched itself to my documents inside C:/ . says xampp is running under the ' system account ' anyone out there who can help, thanks ! site in question is http://sa3bin.com yes it's up for now, problem being it doesnt STAY up. :twisted: :?:
sa3bin

Postby tjthedj » 05. February 2006 09:09

sry i couldn't be of more help
tjthedj

Return to XAMPP for Windows