how to export my database 'source files'

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

how to export my database 'source files'

Postby flaskvacuum » 19. January 2006 09:16

i am still figuring out how should i export out or saved my database from using xampp.

I am development my project from office and home. I started off working in the office but didn't know what should i do so that i am working on the same database + all those tables i have created in the office together with my others .html files.

Please further advice a newbie of xampp.
flaskvacuum

Postby flaskvacuum » 01. February 2006 03:24

right, mange to solve my own problem.

all i have to do is, go to the particular database i wanted and export them out. Remeber to check on , saved as a file. After sucessfully exporting them, you will see a .sql text files.

In another system where u want the same database, select the database u wana import into and click on sql Query window and from there click on import the .sql text files. There done u have ur database on any system you wana.

Hope it helps many of you who need to work on both offices and home base!
flaskvacuum

another problem with export

Postby jsdev » 11. February 2006 10:56

I installed XAMPP (version ) a few months ago, the going is smooth except for a few things:
(1)
the MySQL that comes with my XAMPP is 4.1.13. It seems to not support transactions/commit/rollback.
When I try to do an export of the data via phpMyAdmin (version 2.6.3-pl1) , it does so succesfully, but for the create table statements, it appends :
ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 COLLATE=latin1_general_ci AUTO_INCREMENT=30 ;
after the closing bracket.
I want the engine to be InnoDB. I have the windows MySQL Administrator Tool (v 1.0.19). I checked the box which says Support InnoDB under Server features under Configure Service tab under Service Control.
Apart from that, my initial scripts by which I load my database, have all got TYPE=INNODB; at the end of create table(). Still it does not support innodb. any clues?
(2)
In the data export file created by phpMyAdmin, the order of the tables is wrong . e.g. Table A has column L, Table B has a column M, which references as a froeign key A.L. Yet, the SQL for B comes first and for A after that. So I have to manually change the order everytime I want to reload the database. Any place in phpMyAdmin to tell it to check for foreign key and set the order accordingly?

TIA,
JS
jsdev

Postby SeanO » 11. February 2006 13:00

In phpmyadmin, select your database, then tick a table, then operations, you can change the engine type to innodb at that point.
SeanO

Return to XAMPP for Windows