Setup.bat produces "Sorry ... cannot find php cli!"

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Postby VaKo » 11. January 2006 01:19

This has been an issue with the last few versions of XAMMP i've downloaded. It will not install apache or msql as services, either as running the installer or extracting the ZIP and running setup.bat. The server is running a clean install of XP SP2 Pro, fully updated with the XP firewall (port checker is clean) and avg free edition.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get XAMMP to install Apache or mySQL. The batch files all seem to point to the right files & i've re-downloaded the file to be sure.

I can install this fine on my workstation, and my laptop (both XP Pro SP2) so could it be a case for dumping XP Pro and moving to Win2003?

There are other posts on this, but my german is terrible and they don't seem to be conclusive.

I have managed to get Net Server (http://netserver.hugosoft.net) to work fine (the "manage server" feature is a nice extra BTW guys), so it seems to be an issue with the XAMMP package itself.

If your not sure a specific answer but know of a good guides for general apache/php/mysql server setups (both n00bish and detailed, both are good), drop it in the thread.

Thanks,
----

VaKo
VaKo

Postby Wiedmann » 11. January 2006 01:35

... so it seems to be an issue with the XAMMP package itself.

Sorry, this is a configuration problem in your Windows.

--> The batchfile use a relative path to run PHP (in a subshell). Relative to the batchfile directory (the normal working directory). But your Windows change this working directory to something else... Some "tuning tools" makes this change in the Windows behaviour.

You can try to open a console, "cd" to the XAMPP dir and start the batch there.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby VaKo » 11. January 2006 01:51

Yup, my windows install appears to be fubar'd. Before I format it and start again, anyone know how to fix it?
----

VaKo
VaKo

Sorted

Postby VaKo » 11. January 2006 04:38

Put Windows 2003 on the box, and it worked first time. Thanks for the headsup on that one.
----

VaKo
VaKo

Return to XAMPP for Windows