I use normal windows CMD.
Probably you haven't set the system PATH variable, which make your system cannot find the perl command. To make your Windows find your perl command, you should setup the system PATH variable by doing the following:
1. right click "My Computer" > properties, or go to control panel > system
2. A window appear, find and click on "Advance" tags
3. At the bottom of this window, click the "Environment variable" button (underscore N)
4. Another small window appear, in the system variable list (the bottom one), find and select the variable called "PATH", and click "Edit"
5. In the variable value input field (the bottom input field), enter the path to perl/bin, REMEMBER KEEP ALL EXISTING VALUE UNCHANGE.
For example, BEFORE CHANGE, the value is:
AFTER CHANGE (assume your perl bin dir is in c:\xampp\perl\bin):
remember to put a semi-colon(;) between each path value.
Hope it helps.