Some probs

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Some probs

Postby fogga » 28. December 2005 15:31

I've been reading the FAQ but I'm still stuck.

1. When it comes to adding my index.html and other files, does it go in E:\XAMPP\xampp\htdocs? I've tried this and the main Xampp CP displays to the outside.

2. Is it possible to use FileZilla server with DynDNS?

3. PHP is NOT running in "safe mode" - I click Learn More but I cannot access the webpage at the moment (I thinks its a problem my end), what do I do?

4. In the demos section, if I click "CD Collection" I get the following error message:

"Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in E:\XAMPP\xampp\htdocs\xampp\cds.php on line 65"
fogga

Postby Wiedmann » 28. December 2005 15:37

1. When it comes to adding my index.html and other files, does it go in E:\XAMPP\xampp\htdocs?

Right.

I've tried this and the main Xampp CP displays to the outside.

There is a "index.php". Delete this file and/or clear your browser cache.

2. Is it possible to use FileZilla server with DynDNS?

Yes. DynsDNS points only to your ip and not to a special service.

3. PHP is NOT running in "safe mode"

Forgett this...

BTW: http://de.php.net/manual/en/features.safe-mode.php

4. In the demos section, if I click "CD Collection" I get the following error message:

You have changed/set your root password for MySQL and the script is hardcoded to use no password.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby fogga » 28. December 2005 16:02

Just followed the guide to setting up XAMPP (http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?t=14173)

One quick question though. If I have setup my server to use E:\www\htdocs and locahost to access the CP, am I still able to use PHP scripts from E:\www\htdocs?
fogga

Postby fogga » 28. December 2005 17:04

Is it that important to switch PHP safe mode on because that guide doesn't tell me what file I need to edit. I assume it's PHP.ini in \apache\bin? I scrolled down to safe mode and tuned it on but I'm still told that im unsecure.
fogga

Return to XAMPP for Windows