Free application problem.

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Free application problem.

Postby Foxy » 21. November 2005 16:41

Hello everyone.

I installed XAMPP as default ok, that means that ive changed absolutely nothing on the PHP.ini & httpd.conf so it's been i while ive been trying to install this free aardvark topsite because the application design rocks as you can see here: http://sonicrevolution.sonicplanet.org/top10/index.php

The topsite application is free but the problem is that the creator for the topsite doesn't know how to fix the problem cause he dont use apache so please i would like you XAMPP users to download & install the topsite here from aardvarktopsitesphp.com

After installing the application, I got this error at the top of my index.php of the latest aardvark php topsite.

Fatal error: Database error in "C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\test\sources\misc\skin.php" on line 99

Table 'top.ats_sites' doesn't exist in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\test\sources\sql\mysql.php on line 83

It gave me the same thing when i switched to PHP4
It's soo confusing and i need help. I know is as something to do with XAMPP configuration or something. Cause the application works fine on other webserver.
Foxy

Postby Foxy » 22. November 2005 07:33

Foxy

Postby WorldDrknss » 23. November 2005 02:42

During setup does it ask for the path to the files. If so you probably left it as C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs when you should have changed it to C:/xampp/xampp/htdocs
WorldDrknss

Postby WorldDrknss » 23. November 2005 03:17

Ive downloaded this free script, and version 5.01 will not work, so you will need to install 4.2 and when It ask for the path to the files make sure you use C:/xampp/xampp/htdocs or C:/xampp/xampp/htdocs/topsites or however you did it.
WorldDrknss

Postby Foxy » 23. November 2005 04:56

You mean in my PHP.INI & phpinfo() ?

i got C:/xampp/xampp/htdocs as my DOCUMENT_ROOT

At the beginning of the page i get stuff like this before installing:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\top\sources\sql\mysql.php on line 27

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\top\sources\sql\mysql.php on line 28

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\top\sources\sql\mysql.php on line 42

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\top\sources\sql\mysql.php on line 42

Fatal error: Database error in "C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\top\index.php" on line 37

in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\top\sources\sql\mysql.php on line 83
Foxy

Return to XAMPP for Windows