File permission change in Windows XP?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

File permission change in Windows XP?

Postby Captain Kidd » 19. November 2005 21:47

I'm trying to get cgiemail/cgiecho/cgifile to work for some tests. However, I can't get them to work at all. I think it might be the file permissions, however I apparently don't know how to change the file permissions to the correct setting under Windows XP.

The error I get is:
Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 404
localhost
11/19/05 15:07:31
Apache/2.0.54 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.0.54 OpenSSL/0.9.8 PHP/5.0.5 mod_autoindex_color

When I use FileZilla to check the attributes, the permission is shown as 644. Atempting to change it in FZ doesn't work (as I expected). So I right-clicked on the file, go to security, and set all permissions to full. Still nothing, FZ still shows the files as 644 and I'm getting the same error.

I've downloaded the pearl plugin (although I don't think thoses are pearl scripts?).

I'm positive I have the action correctly formatted as shown on the cgiecho/cgiemail page here.)

Any help in getting these to work would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Captain Kidd

Return to XAMPP for Windows