Upgrading Xampp

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Upgrading Xampp

Postby johncrad » 08. November 2005 12:44

Hello apachefriends,
I am running vtiger CRM in XAMPP V1.4.13 on Win 2K box. I want to upgrade to the latest XAMPP but I cannot find the steps to take to carry out the upgrade. Searching through 28 pages of english language forum posting does not help very much. There are 8 posts on the subject, 4 of which have no replies. Does anybody upgrade their installation? Also there does not appear to be any enlightenment in the FAQs
Would appreciate some help. I do not want to stuff up my CRM database etc!!
Thanks for your assistance.
Regards
JohnC
johncrad

Upgrading XAMPP

Postby winkman » 09. November 2005 12:08

Hi,
The moderators (and Wiedmann) will probably have heaps more info on this, but the way that i upgrade, is that i copy my files from HTDOCS, backup databases, (phpmyadmin) and backup my http.conf files (all the important ones... etc.) and then uninstall my old installation, install the new one, and replace/add the files...

I usually do it this way (not often, but sometimes) so that i can have a clean space to use, where i haven't really fiddled with the wrong things....:)

Give it a go, unless you get a better answer from someone else...
Hope i could help...

God Bless,
Mitch
winkman

Upgrading XAMPP

Postby johncrad » 09. November 2005 12:46

Hi Mitch, thanks for that information. Could you be a bit more precise about the http.conf and other files you save and restore during the upgrade process. I carried out the rest of the process you described including saving the htdocs directory but still managed to stuff up the functioning of my vtigerCRM. Now I am really in deep pooh so to speak.
Regards
JohnC
johncrad

Return to XAMPP for Windows