sending email

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

sending email

Postby sprogo » 03. November 2005 10:47

Hello,

I have installed XAMPP on two seperate computer, one in a win98se and other one in a XP Pro. XAMPP works very well in both of them.

The problem starts when a php script tries to send an email. In setup page of this script there are two options 1)unix sendmail and 2)php standart mail(). I choose php mail() during setup as I installed xampp on a windows computer.

The script returns the "Mail Sending Failed.." message to the page when it attempts to send an email.

Can anyone help me, guys ?

Regards
Sprogo
sprogo

Postby thekingofcaseys » 04. November 2005 20:46

PHP MAIL will not work on a Windows Machine however i have managed to get around the problem by using a smtp server. you can get a smtp server online try looking in google or alternativley use your ISP's SMTP server Go to your php.ini file located in

APACHE/BIN

Look For

Code: Select all
[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = smtp.XXXXXX.com
smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.
;sendmail_from = me@example.com

Under Win32 Only Remove The ; And Then Insert An Email address you would like the mail to be sent from such as me@example.com in the above settings change XXXXX to the smtp.server.com you would like your mail to be sent from.

Your Final ini file hould look like below

Code: Select all
[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = smtp.ntlworld.com
smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.
sendmail_from = john@doe.co.uk
thekingofcaseys

Postby sprogo » 05. November 2005 01:25

Thank you thekingofcaseys,

It works now. It is very strange that it doesn't work for gmail account (I have checked the settings several times) but it is working very well for my ISP email settings.

Thanks a lot again
Sprogo
sprogo

Postby AcCuMuL8r » 13. November 2005 02:15

ok..that is great if you have an ISP that will allow smtp connections...
What do I do as I do not have one?
AcCuMuL8r

Return to XAMPP for Windows