phpinfo

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

phpinfo

Postby headbonk » 04. September 2005 21:13

It would be really useful if the output of phpinfo for the current version of XAMPP was posted somewhere on the AF site. I have had problems in the past with the windows verison where a php script I wanted to use (I beleive is was horde) needed a particular feature built into php (I beleive it was gettext).

Failing that, can someone post the output from the latest Windows XAMPP?
headbonk

Postby Wiedmann » 04. September 2005 23:46

On Windows the most extensions are not build in, because they are shared extensions and you can activate them in the file "php.ini".

BTW:
The shared extension "php_gettext.dll" is included in XAMPP.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby headbonk » 05. September 2005 01:21

Well maybe it wasn't gettext - I know about turning on extensions with php.ini and I've turned on other things for my xampp install that way.

I know there was something that horde required that had to be turned on in the compile time settings. I guess I just have to upgrade my XAMPP & try again.

I still think it would be useful to include the phpinfo out, or the similar configuration info somewhere on the main AF site. As a PHP programmer, I would find that useful.
headbonk

Postby Wiedmann » 05. September 2005 03:35

I still think it would be useful to include the phpinfo out, or the similar configuration info somewhere on the main AF site. As a PHP programmer, I would find that useful.

In den XAMPP for Windows package you have every official PHP and PECL Extension that is available for Windows. Just look in the PHP-Manual.

BTW: You can't make a phpinfo() with all extensions, because some extensions you can't load at the same time.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Return to XAMPP for Windows