Can You Help Socket Address Error

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Can You Help Socket Address Error

Postby thekingofcaseys » 30. August 2005 03:06

Hello there i have used xampp for a while now and on many occasions have helped friends and family set it up including virtual domains with very little problem until now.

i tried to install the new version of xampp this morning and after using the control panel to start the service APACHE kept stopping on me. it had dne this before to me but reinstalling fixed this error, i therefore reinstalled and had the same problem.

I then decided to get the 7ZIP version and manually install so i could read the error message that came up and low and behold this is what is was

Code: Select all
"<OS 10048> Only one usage of each socket address <protocol/network address/port> is normally permitted. : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:443, no listening sockets available, shutting down.

i was rather confused so decided to close down my internet connection and try again and guess what the service started im currently Using AOL software after a recent change of my broadband supplier, and it seems i cant install APACHE when running AOL is there anything i can do to get around this error, because im not able to not use AOL hence i wouldnt be able to connect to the net.

any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance

Just to clarify i cant install the service while running AOL but i can when im no running AOL so therefore AOL is cnflicting somewhere along the lines.

thanks
thekingofcaseys

Postby thekingofcaseys » 30. August 2005 05:24

Ok so solved this one, start the service before loading AOL simple really Goodness, anyway new problem

i have set up virtual domains i have 2 folder with items inside these are MP3s and TV Shows when i type the address to the virtual domain i get 403 error and cannot see anything inside the directory.

would anyone know how to repair this, also does anybody know anything about mirroring websites
thekingofcaseys

Postby Maller » 31. August 2005 11:53

thekingofcaseys wrote:Ok so solved this one, start the service before loading AOL simple really Goodness, anyway new problem

i have set up virtual domains i have 2 folder with items inside these are MP3s and TV Shows when i type the address to the virtual domain i get 403 error and cannot see anything inside the directory.

would anyone know how to repair this, also does anybody know anything about mirroring websites

Assuming that your virtualhosts are configured correctly, then you just need to enable Indexes like this:
Code: Select all
options +indexes

or just drop a .htaccess file with that in your folders.
Maller

Return to XAMPP for Windows