phpBB Issues

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

phpBB Issues

Postby karasu-kun » 26. August 2005 03:36

OK- I have XAMPP working fine now. I am now using PHP 4x. I have installed phpBB and it works fine- except for the fact that people that try to register get an error. I saw a post somewhere suggesting to do the following (I did it to all the php configure files, cause I didn't know which was the right one X_X):
Code: Select all
[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
;SMTP = localhost
;smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.
;sendmail_from = me@example.com

; For Unix only.  You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail -t -i").
sendmail_path = "C:\xampp\xampp\sendmail\sendmail.exe -t"

; Force the addition of the specified parameters to be passed as extra parameters
; to the sendmail binary. These parameters will always replace the value of
; the 5th parameter to mail(), even in safe mode.
;mail.force_extra_parameters =

So I did that- and it did nothing. This is the error I'm getting:
Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php

This seems to be a fairly common error, but I haven't found a single resolution to it...

Thanks for the help,
K-kun
karasu-kun

Postby mass » 26. August 2005 09:07

same here i want members to send emails to each other
mass

Postby karasu-kun » 26. August 2005 21:29

Also, when I view php files, the formatting is all screwed up... ex:
<?
print ("blah blah blah");
?>

reads like this:

<? print ("blah blah blah"); ?>

This is a simple example, but imagine with a tone of code looks like. This makes editing things (like adding MODs) extremly difficult.
karasu-kun

Postby Bugman » 27. August 2005 13:59

Hello

A) Odd about php opening up like that, works fine in my MX dreamweaver

B) With regard to sending email, i have no idea, although it sounds as if it can't find your mail program. Try over at phpBB for people who has this issue

Bugman
Bugman

Postby karasu-kun » 30. August 2005 20:49

I did- unfortunately all I got was a buch of posts saying 'ask your host to enable email' 'ask your host X' 'ask your host Y' etc. etc. So I got nowhere that way...
karasu-kun

Postby Maller » 31. August 2005 11:45

SMTP = localhost

Do you have a smtp server installed on localhost ?
if not, just use the smtp server provided by your ISP.
In phpbb acp set "Use SMTP Server for email" to NO

If you have a smtp installed on localhost, check the configuration of it.
And note that ALOT of ISP have port 25 closed.
Maller

Postby karasu-kun » 02. September 2005 21:14

Still haven't been able to fix the format OR the mail problem, and I already have another. Now, when people try to log in, they get taken to the microsoft home page. What. The. Heck.

Microsoft has already taken over the computer world, and now they want to take over my poor little forum? Eh, just joking. Then again, you never know... *shifty eyes*

But then when you go back to my forum page (the index) you are logged in (this problem happens with logging out too, same thing, just reversed.)

I got rid of all the virtualhost crap I had that wasn't owrking anyway, so now I have nothing special in the host file, or the configure file for apache. I thought that my better the situation, but it did not.

*later* this problem has turned out to be bigger than the others. Now I can't get into the admin panel, I get forwarded to the microsoft homepage. What is up? *almost in tears*
karasu-kun

Postby Dave_L » 03. September 2005 01:03

karasu-kun wrote:they get taken to the microsoft home page

That behavior was observed a while ago with Firefox (it could apply to other browsers too), and was found to be a result of entering a bad URL, such as missing the ":" after "http". The browser was automatically "googling" for "http", and then redirecting to the first page in the search results, which happened to be microsoft.com.
Dave_L

Return to XAMPP for Windows