Hello to all!!
I was wondering if anyone can answer some of my questions coz im still a nooblet about hosting with apache server.
I'm sorry about resurrecting a very dead thread... But this thread interests me
1. Check if ISP block port 80 (Actually it is in Hong Kong)
1.1 if yes, change your port.
2. Configure your router to forward incoming traffic to your port available
3. Configure your network card to accept traffic from your specific port
4. Check if your configuration of Apache is correct (i.e. you have already configure your <virtualHost *:[port number]> in httpd.conf and Listen [port number])
5. Outsider will then enter your site by ip:port, e.g. 22.214.171.124:8085, if ip is 126.96.36.199 and port number is 8085
It should be fine. And if you have no-ip or dyndns.org DNS resolution, configuration is similar...
It seems that when I try to ping the WAN IP of the LAN network (where my apache server is located) using the DOS console of another computer, I get Request Time Out. The question is... Before all those steps mentioned above (about port forwarding) to work, Should my WAN IP normally respond to any ping request from a computer outside my network before I can setup the port forwarding part of the router configuration??