How to Upgrade Xampp to latest verion w/o upgrading MySQL

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

How to Upgrade Xampp to latest verion w/o upgrading MySQL

Postby rwoody » 24. May 2005 21:51

I am currently using Xammp as my local development environment, so I try to mirror my web sever as far as versioning. I need to update from my current which is 1.4.9 to 1.4.13, but I do not want to upgrade MySQL at this time. I'm currently using MySQL v4.0.22 and the new package will upgrade me to 4.1.11. Based on benchmarks I am not upgrading my server's version of MySQL at this time, so I don't want to upgrade my developement environment either.

What is the best method to do this?

Thanks
rwoody

Re: How to Upgrade Xampp to latest verion w/o upgrading MySQ

Postby hanpedro » 30. May 2005 02:54

rwoody wrote:I am currently using Xammp as my local development environment, so I try to mirror my web sever as far as versioning. I need to update from my current which is 1.4.9 to 1.4.13, but I do not want to upgrade MySQL at this time. I'm currently using MySQL v4.0.22 and the new package will upgrade me to 4.1.11. Based on benchmarks I am not upgrading my server's version of MySQL at this time, so I don't want to upgrade my developement environment either.

What is the best method to do this?

Thanks

I've copied 4.0.22 into mysql directory after dowloading mysql 4.0.22 for win from mysql.org.
hanpedro

Operating System: SCientific Linux 6.1 x86

Postby sckoh » 31. May 2005 07:27

Hello,
I am not interested in upgrading mysql componet but wonder if you installed 4.0.22 on Window registry and copied folder to xampp.
sckoh

Return to XAMPP for Windows