Which file using following folders containing files

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Which file using following folders containing files

Postby Granden » 20. April 2005 15:41

Hi!
Here is a shot list of some folders

excel
fonts
forbidden
images
pdf
restricted

What I now want to know if which files I should edit the serach way for if I move these folders with all containing files.
I want to move them to /htdocs/xmapp/ so I can have them protected with the .htaccess file made with the xmapp. Beacause I dont want my friends to have access to these files or anyone else, I know I can put .htaccess in them but I dont know if that will deny any other file that using them to access them and as I would like most is that my friends and public users not shall se them at all[/list]
Granden

Postby Dave_L » 20. April 2005 15:50

Are those subdirectories of htdocs/xampp?
Dave_L

Postby Granden » 20. April 2005 17:03

No these directories are in the /htdocs folder so they are subdirs for the /htdocs folder
look like this
Example
/htdocs/excel

Otherwise they would be protected with the .htaccess file
Granden

Postby Dave_L » 21. April 2005 13:07

I don't fully understand what you want to do.

If a directory contains files that are accessed only via the file system (such as with a PHP "include" or a Perl "use") and not by HTTP request (clicking a link or typing a URL in the browser address bar), then you can block web access with an .htaccess file containing:

Code: Select all
Deny from all

I suspect that some of those directories, such as "images", need to be accessed by HTTP request. You could add "hotlink blocking" for those cases.

This recent topic contains a couple of reference links for .htaccess files: http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?t=11300
Dave_L

Return to XAMPP for Windows