apache service bug

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

apache service bug

Postby ktmp » 19. April 2005 18:24

Hello,
First of all congratulations for this nice project.

Second, I'd like to report what looks to be a bug (hopefully this is the place to do it).
I run apache as a service. It runs fine, but when I try to stop it (using 'net stop apache2'), I get this error in a popup window:

Apache.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x77f7e22a" referenced memory at "0x00000014". The memory could not be "read".
Click OK to terminate the program.


after that, the service stops, but it's still annoying :(

I get this error in v1.4.13, both lite and full versions, also in v1.4.12 (only tested full version). It does not appear in v1.4.11, and neither in the latest standalone binary distribution from apache.org (2.0.54).

PS. I run WinXP Professional.
ktmp
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 19. April 2005 17:50

Postby prathapml » 22. April 2005 01:04

Hi there,
looks like you have done a lot of info gathering before posting. That's good, keep it up!

Well, I too get that error, during the stopping of the service. I looked here, and found that it has something to do with the eAccelerator, which got added since 1.4.12

The solution described was to open php.ini and comment out the line that loads this module. So now php page-rendring speeds will be non-accelerated, but you won't get the errors atleast. Well, the solution did not work for me, and also I think page generation time is important as that is what overloads a server - so for now, I haven't yet got it fixed.



Try what I said above, and do keep me posted on any other developments of this error cause. If anyone else knows what can be done, do please post it.
prathapml
 
Posts: 87
Joined: 11. March 2005 23:03

Postby scebbrell » 22. April 2005 19:33

I also had the same annoyance with 1.4.12 and 1.4.13
but 1.4.13 Beta didn't have the problem when I tested it,
there may be a clue there for Kay and Oswald, but what do I know. :roll:
scebbrell
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 27. April 2004 14:43
Location: Oldham, UK.

Postby scebbrell » 24. April 2005 01:50

prathapml wrote:Hi there,
looks like you have done a lot of info gathering before posting. That's good, keep it up!

Well, I too get that error, during the stopping of the service. I looked here, and found that it has something to do with the eAccelerator, which got added since 1.4.12

The solution described was to open php.ini and comment out the line that loads this module. So now php page-rendring speeds will be non-accelerated, but you won't get the errors atleast. Well, the solution did not work for me, and also I think page generation time is important as that is what overloads a server - so for now, I haven't yet got it fixed.



Try what I said above, and do keep me posted on any other developments of this error cause. If anyone else knows what can be done, do please post it.


Commenting out eAccelerator lines in php.ini stopped the error for me.
Ah well, back to Zend Optimizer
scebbrell
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 27. April 2004 14:43
Location: Oldham, UK.

Postby ktmp » 26. April 2005 20:35

Thanks for replying. It looks like you're right - the problem is with eAccelerator. I've seen now that there are other topics in the forum regarding this.
I can do without it, so it's not a big problem, but I find it strange that the error only occurs when trying to stop the windows service (ie. 'net stop'). If I use xampp_stop.exe, or just kill the process by other means, it shuts down silently.
ktmp
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 19. April 2005 17:50


Return to XAMPP for Windows

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests