problem updating from 1.4.12 to 1.4.13

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

problem updating from 1.4.12 to 1.4.13

Postby Kroesss » 13. April 2005 18:03

I'm having troubles updating my xampp installation. I installed it using the zip-package and I used the zip-update-package to update. Everything seems to be fine, exept when I run a phpinfo()-file, I get a page saying that I'm running php 4.3.10, and not 4.3.11 that should be running. Phpmyadmin and mysql versions are updated correctly.

Does anybody have any idea what the problem could be?
Kroesss
 
Posts: 35
Joined: 18. November 2004 09:08
Location: Vriezenveen

Postby prathapml » 13. April 2005 19:20

I can't fix this, but I can try detecting the cause....
Why not go into "\xampp\php\" folder and see the version of phpcli and the other DLLs ? (from file-properties)

Then you'll atleast know whether phpinfo() is lying or not right or mis-configured.
prathapml
 
Posts: 87
Joined: 11. March 2005 23:03

Postby Kroesss » 15. April 2005 09:42

Okey, this is weird. Restarting apache and mysql didn't solve the problem, even rebooting the whole computer didn't work. Then I switched PHP-version to check if PHP5 was updated, and it showed it was updated. Then I switched back to PHP4 and after that, it said I was running PHP 4.3.11.

Anyway, looks like the problem is solved. But it's weird.
Kroesss
 
Posts: 35
Joined: 18. November 2004 09:08
Location: Vriezenveen

Postby prathapml » 15. April 2005 13:07

Ah.
So it was files in use. Then when you changed it, it was able to show the correct versioning since then the files were taken offline.

Thanks, so this is one more thing that I learnt about xampp today!
prathapml
 
Posts: 87
Joined: 11. March 2005 23:03


Return to XAMPP for Windows

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 58 guests