Error 1044: Access denied for user ''@'%' to database

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Error 1044: Access denied for user ''@'%' to database

Postby Temisa » 08. April 2005 08:52

Hi,

I hope someone can help me , I came up with the following error when I tried to create a database from the SQl command line;

mysql> CREATE DATABASE VWorks;
ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user ''@'%' to database 'vworks'

Can someone please explain to me why this is happening? I saw the solution given to another user which was to use PHPMyADmin, but I am doing some tutorials and I really would like to work from the command line.

I hope someone can help me out, before I bang my head on the wall. If it's not one thing it's another, yesterday it was getting InnoDB tables to register, the day before it was getting MYSQL to run. Will I ever be able to get on with what I want to do?

Please help!!!!!!!!

Also can anyone tell me why I would get the error:

"(OS 10038)Socket operation on non-socket: make
_sock: for address 0.0.0.0:443, apr_socket_opt_set: (SO_KEEPALIVE)
no listening sockets available, shutting down"

I have been getting this error every time I try to restart Xampp without shutting down my pc first. I have gotten round this problem by restarting my PC before I start Xampp, but it's not really on is it??? I have no othe webservers on my system, so what's going on?

Any help with this little problem would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Temisa
Temisa

Postby prathapml » 14. April 2005 22:57

Hi Temisa,
I saw in another thread that you used EMS mysql manager.
Have you really bought it? Better to download "MySQL Administrator" and "Query Browser" from the mysql makers. Freeware too ;)

And now to your question....
Please note that your problem is not directly related to XAMPP. You will be having the same problem with anything else too.
I'd also say don't lose heart. Its natural to find things difficult in the beginning. So keep going with it!

1. "@'% user" error at command-line.
If you are familiar with FTP servers, then it'd be helpful. I mean.... this is similar to how a user who doesn't SPECIFICALLY login with a username/password will be known as an "anonymous" or "guest" user with no privileges.
Similarly, when you start "mysqladmin.exe" as you did, you are only logged-in as a guest account, with no privileges.
You have to login as the user root (on the msql command-line), to do what you asked.
"(OS 10038)Socket operation on non-socket: make
_sock: for address 0.0.0.0:443, apr_socket_opt_set: (SO_KEEPALIVE)
no listening sockets available, shutting down"
That socket error must be because some other application is taking over port 443. most likely, it is Skype (if you have it installed and running). Go into its options and tell it to not take port 80 and 443 for itself.
If not Skype, then it must be some other app - you get the picture.....

Hoping this helps......
If you have any other queries, just ask! :)
prathapml

Re: Error 1044: Access denied for user ''@'%' to database

Postby manimal15 » 02. December 2015 13:27

Hello guys.. I found this video on Youtube.I have Mac os but it still worked for me too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxOJ-1LKyP0

If you have a Mac os system then you must use the full path for the 'mysql' command.For example this is what i used '/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/bin/mysql -u root'
manimal15

Operating System: mac os

Return to XAMPP for Windows