php.ini Safe mode, help needit!

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

php.ini Safe mode, help needit!

Postby Maxxie » 08. April 2005 03:15

Hello,

I hope someone can help me with XAMPP.
I need to turn the php safe mode on.

That says my security...

How do i do that?

Please help me.

Thanks.
Maxxie

Postby prathapml » 14. April 2005 18:13

Go to:
\xampp\php\php.ini

and search for both these lines:
Code: Select all
safe_mode = Off

register_globals = On
Reverse both of them, so that you are secure now.
prathapml

Postby rdb » 03. October 2006 18:19

In XAMPP version 1.5.4 the security screen (security check 1.0) reports php is NOT running in safe mode, but in php.ini safe_mode is "on" and register_globals is "off".

Is php running in safe mode with those settings, and if so could there be an error in the security check? If not then what should we do for security check to report safe mode correctly?
rdb

Postby Izzy » 04. October 2006 01:16

rdb wrote:In XAMPP version 1.5.4 the security screen (security check 1.0) reports php is NOT running in safe mode, but in php.ini safe_mode is "on" and register_globals is "off".

Is php running in safe mode with those settings, and if so could there be an error in the security check? If not then what should we do for security check to report safe mode correctly?

The date of the post you are referencing is very old. There have been many updates since then.

The php.ini that it mentions in \xampp\php\php.ini is not valid.

The php.ini file you should be looking at is xampp\apache\bin\php.ini and what you see in the Security Page are the default settings.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows