XAMPP has been a wonderful journey since discovering last month. But I recently noticed a problem, so decided to report it, as I'm not sure if its because of a bug, or something that I did.
1. Downloaded XAMPP 1.4.12 installer version.
2. Installed from it, all servers ran fine.
3. Changed installation path:
4. Now I ran "setup_xampp.bat" so that the installation paths would get refreshed. And it looks like the command got executed fine, but actually it has not.from: C:\ApacheFriends\xampp
5. I find that the file paths haven't got changed at all. (example: in httpd.conf, "ServerRoot" path never changes to new path).
6. I have no idea what to do to remedy this. What's the mistake I have made in above, Someone please tell me?
- I have also tried xampp 1.4.11 - in that version, the paths are refreshed properly after moving folders.
- I have tried using xampp 1.4.12 7zip version - in that one, the paths does not ever get configured, because its functioning in same way as the setup.bat in installer version. In fact, in the 7zip version, if I run the "setup_xampp.bat" and after that check the httpd.conf, I see that ZERO changes have been made to it.
Also, one more thing I have seen, is that:
1. xampp 1.4.12 installer version works fine after installing from it
2. But now if I install the perl add-on package
3. After that, run the xampp-setup....
4. Now its not able to configure the perl
5. And even apache is not able to start anymore, after perl install.
6. This is despite being in the same path as before perl install.
Only xampp installer package is able to configure paths, during install. Out side of that, paths does not get configured at all, in version 1.4.12
But XAMPP 1.4.11 did not have this problem.
I hope I have given enough information for someone to be able to help me, or to fix the bug.