Hi jimbo and itmonkey,
Here's what I do:
1. Go to "\installed-xampp\htdocs\" folder.
2. Rename "index.html" to "xampp.html".
3. Make a new folder called "welcomes" and move all the "index.*.*" named files to that folder.
4. Now your htdocs folder is ready for whatever you'll give it - put your "index.htm" or "Default.htm" files as the main page in that folder, and carry on from there.
5. Now how to access the XAMPP setup page? Remember the file rename in 2nd step?
- Code: Select all
How to run PHPmyAdmin?
At the end, please password-secure your XAMPP initialisation page, and phpmyadmin by following the instructions given in XAMPP setup package.