PERL version mismatch between HTML::Parser and DynaLoader.pm

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

PERL version mismatch between HTML::Parser and DynaLoader.pm

Postby Zaxon » 09. March 2005 11:51

I've justed installed XAMPP plus the PERL add on. No special changes at all.

I'm attempting the first run of one of my existing applications, and I get the following error:

HTML::Parser object version 3.38 does not match bootstrap parameter 3.43 at C:/root/xampp/perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 253.
Compilation failed in require at C:/root/xampp/perl/lib/HTML/LinkExtor.pm line 5.

...which means that the HTML::Parser object was compiled using an older version.

OK. This is all quite new to me. How do I go about fixing this?
Zaxon

Postby Zaxon » 11. March 2005 04:18

Am I the only one with this problem? I imagine that anyone who uses the HTML::Parser library at all will have the same problem.
Johnny Dough
Zaxon

Postby petitprince » 11. March 2005 16:24

Zaxon wrote:Am I the only one with this problem? I imagine that anyone who uses the HTML::Parser library at all will have the same problem.

I guess I might have a similar problem, I described it in the German section of this forum: http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?t=10729. No answer so far, unfortunately. :-( - Please let me know if someone has a solution to your problem. :-)

petitprince
petitprince

Postby petitprince » 11. March 2005 23:22

It is at least possible that I have found a 'workaround' for the problem:

To resolve my own (apparently quite similar) problem described here, I de-installed the Perl-AddOn 1.4.12 first which means I deleted the complete content of the Perl-subdirectory, ran xampp_setup.bat again and chose "configure xampp witout mod_perl".

Then I downloaded the ActivePerl MSI installer in its 5.8.6.811 build from www.activestate.com and installed it to the now empty Perl-subdirectory.

Result: Now the "ppm" command works and the error message is gone. It certainly took a few minutes, but maybe that's still better than to wait here for an answer that nobody really seems to be able to give ...

petitprince
petitprince

Postby Zaxon » 14. March 2005 05:17

Excellent. I followed your exact steps, and now everything works perfectly!

I really appreciate your help and your quick response!
Johnny Dough
Zaxon

Postby petitprince » 17. March 2005 11:01

Zaxon wrote:Excellent. I followed your exact steps, and now everything works perfectly!

I really appreciate your help and your quick response!

Oh, you're welcome. :-)

petitprince
petitprince

Return to XAMPP for Windows