phpbb admin problems?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

phpbb admin problems?

Postby mrtrumpets » 02. March 2005 23:56

Hello all. The site I run is on an intranet, so I cannot share the path for all to see. I just installed a clean setup of XAMPP and installed phpbb.

At first I thought all was fine until I went give a user admin rights.. When I click the "Permissions" link in the admin window, on the right I type in the user name I want to edit and click "Look up User".. I get this error on the right-hand side...

Code: Select all
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class template in C:\path-to-my\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\template.php on line 30

I suspect it's because phpbb uses php4 and XAMPP uses php5.. Can it be switched easily?

(I know the linux version has a very cimple command.. and that works great at home, but at work, I'm stuck on a windows xp box)

thanks in advance..

-mrtrumpets
mrtrumpets

Postby mrtrumpets » 03. March 2005 00:01

ok.. I figured out the php_switch.bat :)

It's perfect on php4

Have a great day!
mrtrumpets

Postby sixx » 26. March 2005 22:26

i too get the same error and i have found the php_switch.bat file, i switched from 5 to 4, and tried going back to my site and now it is pointing back to my default xampp directory, even though my VHosts are set. Now before i made this change the vhosts allowed for me to point to the correct directory and hit that site but now it doesn't someone please help me to figure out what went wrong..how does doing a php switch make that dramatic of a change??

[EDIT]

Nevermind...sorry, i didn't realize that once you did php-switch that it recreates the httpd.conf file in apache. all i had to do was add my virtual hosts in again and it works.. again sorry Keep up the great work and thanks!
[/EDIT]
sixx

Re: phpbb admin problems?

Postby prathapml » 27. March 2005 12:40

mrtrumpets wrote:
Code: Select all
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class template in C:\path-to-my\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\template.php on line 30
WOW.

You have saved me countless hours of frustration. I have been modding my phpBB and I found that eventually it gave that above error. I thought mayb e I made a mistake somewhere because no one else seemed to be having that problem. So now I'll try with switching to php4 and hope it works now!
prathapml

Return to XAMPP for Windows