LDAP Issues Between XAMPP Versions

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

LDAP Issues Between XAMPP Versions

Postby MurrayISO » 22. May 2023 20:47

Greetings!

I am in the process of removing my older web server for a new one with new hardware. I have been using XAMPP 8.0.0 on Windows Server 2019. The new server I am running XAMPP 8.2.4 on Windows Server 2019. On our site on the old server we were running http on our Intranet since it is all offline. I was using an LDAPS connection for authenticating my users.

Since upgrading I am getting an error. ldap will not bind. I have the extension=ldap enabled in the default location. I have made a copy of our website on our old server and put it on our new server. It loads our site great but when we try to login I am getting an ldap bind. It isn't a problem with the connection. Only the bind. PHP is throwing this error:

Can't contact LDAP server ldap_error: error: 16000069:STORE routines:: unregistered scheme.

I am not using an SSL as I wasn't using one before and it wasn't a problem. The new server has a computer and webserver certificate on it and in the certificate store.

So what changed between 8.0.0 and 8.2.4 that my binds with the exact same code doesn't work?
MurrayISO

XAMPP version: 7.4.12
Operating System: Windows Server 2019

Re: LDAP Issues Between XAMPP Versions

Postby MurrayISO » 31. May 2023 17:38

Ok so I set the site to have SSL but still getting the following error.

ldap_bind(): Unable to bind to server: Can't connect LDAP server
Can't contact LDAP serverldap_error: erroR; 16000049:STORE routines::unregistered scheme.

What am I missing?
MurrayISO

Re: LDAP Issues Between XAMPP Versions

Postby MurrayISO » 31. May 2023 18:30

So so this what I had to do to get this to work. I do wannt to move the location of the C:\openldap\

Where is it called out on so I can move it because I would like to keep it all in the XAMPP directory.
MurrayISO

Return to XAMPP for Windows