Error: MySQL shutdown unexpectedly

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Error: MySQL shutdown unexpectedly

Postby greenbubbles20 » 17. October 2022 16:31

So this is the second time this has happened to me. :cry: I am building a Fivem server, currently locally hosted with plans to put it onto Zap hosting once I have it all configured and built out. However, last night it was all working great, but this morning when I went to boot up I am not getting an error when starting MySql. The only thing I did was add a script onto my server, but even upon removing that the MySQL still give the same error. Here is the error info I am getting both from the control panel and the Admin page (which will not let me into, just see a screen with the error below:

CONTROL PANEL ERRORS:

Error: MySQL shutdown unexpectedly.
7:52:59 AM [mysql] This may be due to a blocked port, missing dependencies,
7:52:59 AM [mysql] improper privileges, a crash, or a shutdown by another method.
7:52:59 AM [mysql] Press the Logs button to view error logs and check
7:52:59 AM [mysql] the Windows Event Viewer for more clues
7:52:59 AM [mysql] If you need more help, copy and post this
7:52:59 AM [mysql] entire log window on the forums

MySQL said: Documentation

ADMIN PAGE ERRORS: (when i click admin, i just get a new browser tab with these errors in a red box)

Cannot connect: invalid settings.
mysqli::real_connect(): (HY000/2002): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed.
mysqli::real_connect(): (HY000/2002): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Can anyone please help to correct this issue and any suggestions on how to keep the error from continuing to return?
greenbubbles20

XAMPP version: 3.3.0
Operating System: windows 10 x64

Return to XAMPP for Windows