MySQL shuts down as soon it starts

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

MySQL shuts down as soon it starts

Postby LeoTinoco » 09. September 2022 23:12

Froosh wrote:It appears that recent versions of XAMPP/MySQL are susceptible to this kind of issue when MySQL runs as a regular process. That was my experience, at least.

I would suggest that you configure at least MySQL to run as a Windows Service. I did this several months back and have not had any issues with MySQL since then. You can manually configure the services to not auto-start either via the Windows Services management console, or if you prefer possibly a script.

Hello, I would like to know what is the procedure to start as a service in windows?, I appreciate your help in advance
LeoTinoco

XAMPP version: 3.3.0
Operating System: Windows 11

Re: MySQL shuts down as soon it starts

Postby Froosh » 12. September 2022 12:52

The XAMPP Control Panel supports this. To the left of the services is a checkbox with either a listed is either a red x or a green check.

Run the control panel as an administrator and click on any of the XAMPP components that you use and that switches it to starting as a Windows Service. The selected services are then added to your system, and should be setup to start automatically with your system. If you know your way around Windows Services, you can configure the Services to be started manually. Then, you can start them as needed them by clicking start from the XAMPP Control Panel, or by starting them from the Windows Services admin interface.
Froosh

XAMPP version: 8.2.0
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro

Return to XAMPP for Windows