Web 3.0

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Web 3.0

Postby vasha2020 » 21. July 2022 10:17

Good day to everyone! I have an existing web 3.0 project on Windows 11, can someone give me a step by step guide on how to host a local server?  All servers are starting (apache & mySQL) Maybe I need to change some settings.

/Begin Really Simple SSL session cookie settings
@ini_set('session.cookie_httponly', true);
@ini_set('session.cookie_secure', true);
@ini_set('session.use_only_cookies', true);
//END Really Simple SSL
/**
* The base configuration for WordPress
* The wp-config.php creation script uses this file during the
* installation. You don't have to use the web site, you can
* copy this file to "wp-config.php" and fill in the values.
* This file contains the following configurations:
* * MySQL settings
* * Secret keys
* * Database table prefix
* * ABSPATH
* @link https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php
* @package WordPress
*/

// ** MySQL settings - You can get this info from your web host ** //
/** The name of the database for WordPress */
define( 'DB_NAME', 'thecake');

/** MySQL database username */
define( 'DB_USER', 'root');

/** MySQL database password */
define( 'DB_PASSWORD', '');

/** MySQL hostname */
define( 'DB_HOST', 'localhost');

/** Database Charset to use in creating database tables. */
define( 'DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');
vasha2020

XAMPP version: 3.3.0
Operating System: Windows 11

Re: Web 3.0

Postby Nobbie » 22. July 2022 10:40

Install Xampp
Nobbie

Postby vasha2020 » 25. July 2022 20:16

already installed, first time just home page was working now nothing is working.
vasha2020

Postby Froosh » 25. July 2022 21:11

What home page?
Are Apache and MySQL running?
Have you run the WordPress install?
You really have provided very little detail...
Froosh

XAMPP version: 8.2.0
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro

Postby vasha2020 » 08. August 2022 10:40

Froosh wrote:What home page?
Are Apache and MySQL running?
Have you run the WordPress install?
You really have provided very little detail...

Sorry for that. I am new at it. Yes, everything is installed. All services are running. I tried with test server and is working. Just when I am starting existing project non page is working('Page not found'). If you need me to provide additional information, please let me know.
vasha2020

Postby Froosh » 08. August 2022 14:09

When you say everything is installed, what exactly have you installed? Obviously XAMPP, but did you create a MySQL database, and then install WordPress, and configure the WordPress site to use the database you created?
What do you mean by existing project? Is it something you added to the xampp/htdocs folder?

I'm really not sure what mean by existing project in this case. For instance, I have existing local projects that I've setup for trying different things. For those projects, I have created a database in MySQL, copied the WordPress package into the xampp/htdocs, renamed the copied WP folder to something relevant to what I am doing, and then loaded the site in the browser (ex http://localhost/mysite). At which point the WordPress site setup content is displayed, and I then provide the site, and database information. That is what I have done to setup a new site. I have also setup local clones of exist production environment, the process is a little different in this case, like creating, and importing a copy of the production database, and how the site gets setup. Just be aware that existing WP databases are often full of references to URLs relevant to the source site. Not generally an issue if your source site is also a local WP setup, but a different matter if it is hosted on some other domain.

I have a software development background, and much of what I have leaned related to WP is through experimenting (trial and error), as well as searching for other online resources.

You may find that the XAMPP forums have folks who know about getting WordPress and other environments up and running using XAMPP, but the forum is more about XAMPP related topics, and not WordPress. The web has a wealth of information on getting things like WordPress running on XAMPP, you just need to dig in and read. That has been my experience.

Be well.
Froosh

XAMPP version: 8.2.0
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro

Postby vasha2020 » 09. August 2022 19:47

Froosh wrote:When you say everything is installed, what exactly have you installed? Obviously XAMPP, but did you create a MySQL database, and then install WordPress, and configure the WordPress site to use the database you created?
What do you mean by existing project? Is it something you added to the xampp/htdocs folder?

I'm really not sure what mean by existing project in this case. For instance, I have existing local projects that I've setup for trying different things. For those projects, I have created a database in MySQL, copied the WordPress package into the xampp/htdocs, renamed the copied WP folder to something relevant to what I am doing, and then loaded the site in the browser (ex http://localhost/mysite). At which point the WordPress site setup content is displayed, and I then provide the site, and database information. That is what I have done to setup a new site. I have also setup local clones of exist production environment, the process is a little different in this case, like creating, and importing a copy of the production database, and how the site gets setup. Just be aware that existing WP databases are often full of references to URLs relevant to the source site. Not generally an issue if your source site is also a local WP setup, but a different matter if it is hosted on some other domain.

I have a software development background, and much of what I have leaned related to WP is through experimenting (trial and error), as well as searching for other online resources.

You may find that the XAMPP forums have folks who know about getting WordPress and other environments up and running using XAMPP, but the forum is more about XAMPP related topics, and not WordPress. The web has a wealth of information on getting things like WordPress running on XAMPP, you just need to dig in and read. That has been my experience.

Be well.

So basically I did install WordPress buy you are right, I didn't config WordPress to use my Database. This could by my issue, as I think.
Yes it is, I added existing project to the xampp/htdocs. It's web 3 project, I was given files to work with. When one of my college was helping me to start the server first time it's worked, but just home page of the project, when you navigate on website the error come 'page not found".
So I have done probably same thing, I copied WordPress package into the xampp/htdocs, but I didn't rename the WP folder, I will try now to rename this folder(how I should rename the folder?)
Oh I understood, basically you are right, as my server is running correct, no errors, all ports are working good and test server is running. Thank you for respond.
vasha2020

Postby Nobbie » 10. August 2022 09:03

This is the wrong forun for your request, we do not support WordPress installations etc.. This forum only handles server issues (Xampp).

Ask in a WordPress support forum, how to migrate an existing WordPress installation.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows