Make php pages access web via a proxy server rotating IPs

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Make php pages access web via a proxy server rotating IPs

Postby mancunian » 29. April 2022 17:54

I am trying to get my php pages running on localhost XAMPP server to access external web pages from the internet via a 3rd party external proxy server ( which provides a varying rotating IP address for accessing external websites)

I can get a browser e.g Chrome to to do this by simply typing the web address into Chrome and also changing the LAN settings in Windows so that my connections to external websites are made via a proxy server which rotates the IP used to access the internet (a common service offered by rotating proxy companies)

However I cannot get XAMPP to access external websites using this proxy server so when my local php page loads up an external website it uses my own IP address and does not route the traffic via the 3rd party proxy server. My LAN settings do not have an effect on how XAMPP accesses the internet and so my ISP IP address is used.

I want XAMPP to use the server specified in LAN settings not my own IP.

How do I do this please? Bear with me please as I am a beginner and not that technical.
mancunian

XAMPP version: 3.3.0
Operating System: WINDOWS 7

Re: Make php pages access web via a proxy server rotating IP

Postby Nobbie » 29. April 2022 19:31

Of course, if you access external websites directly, you access them directly. It is as it is. A browser only uses a proxy instead, as you configured the browser to do so.

Instead of accessing the external sites directly, you have to access the proxy directly and pass the requested site address to the proxy. Thats how it works (also for browsers). There are tons of tutorials how to access websites via a proxy in a php script, here i have only one of many: https://beamtic.com/php-http-request-proxy-server

mancunian wrote:Bear with me please as I am a beginner and not that technical.

Sorry - but this i dont understand, most people say so. But why? There is no "easy peasy happy hippo" way, of course it requires quite a knowledge about TCPIP, networks, HTTP and PHP. I always wonder, what people expect - you want to establish high tech PHP scripts but without any knowlegde? Do you drive cars without drivers license? Do you build your own Plasma TV? Knowledge is knowledge and no knowledge is no knowledge. You NEED to learn it, we cannot BEAR IN MIND, that you dont have any knowledge. Why do people study IT? If we only have to bear in mind, that they are beginners and everything is fine? So we dont need education, we simply bear in mind. Strange, isnt it?
Nobbie

Re: Make php pages access web via a proxy server rotating IP

Postby mancunian » 01. May 2022 21:13

Hey thank you for your help.

That link was useful.
mancunian

XAMPP version: 3.3.0
Operating System: WINDOWS 7

Return to XAMPP for Windows