No longer able to run php shell_exec() XAMPP windows

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

No longer able to run php shell_exec() XAMPP windows

Postby markosjal » 04. August 2021 05:59

I have 2 installs of Windows 10 64 bit. Both were recently clean installs on new hardware

I began developing an app on the first (laptop) system . Which had just updated with all windows updates

I then purchased a MiniPC with WIn10 pre-installed, several days ago.

I moved my work to this second (Mini PC) system and finished the project.

Then about a day ago a Windows update happened on second (miniPC) system. Soon after this I was trying to get Apache , PHP and Filezilla to run in service mode, which I believed I finally did.

Then the next day in the morning my app no longer worked!

Odd thing is now I can not run the php code with shell_exec() commands on this mini PC.

In fact on mini PC if I now try to run XAMPP / Apache PHP/ Filezilla as a program in user mode I am asked if I "want to allow NET (Something)..." when I start filezilla or Apache in user (running as program not as service) mode.

After creating the folder \php\logs which did not exist before , I now get an error log written there and interesting enough it says it can not find the command that I am trying to run from shell_exec(). This is on the mini PC system.

So I took the code as is and copied back to Laptop (first system) and all works as expected but I never set up service mode on this system and am quite frankly afraid to

Confused as to why two fairly clean systems behave so differently. I bought the mini PC for this dedicated use.

If you want to know what I am trying to run you can download it at http://scannershare.com but you will need a working scanner on the same Windows machine and an Android device to share the scanner to using Mopria Scan app. As stated the app functions on the laptop still but service mode was never set up there.
markosjal

Return to XAMPP for Windows