Not able to import MySQL database from prior one

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Not able to import MySQL database from prior one

Postby userapache123 » 06. May 2021 06:09

Please help so that I can export MySQL database from prior MediaWiki into MySQL of XAmpp installed in a new Windows machine.

Following are the steps I took:

Downloaded and installed xampp-windows-x64-7.4.16-0-VC15-installer, as the latest mediaWiki can only support up to PhP 7.4

In C:\Xampp\php.ini, changed:
max_execution_time = 3600
upload_max_filesize=2000M
max_file_uploads=10000

Created a new database using Xampp control panel with name newmediawiki

Restart Apache and MySQL in Xampp using Control Panel

I had the priormediawikidb (exported from prior media wiki) saved in my C:\mediawiki, and saved it as zip, and another copy as sql extension (as I tried with both the formats). The priormediawikidb is 1.5 GB.

I tried exporting priormediawikidb into the newmediawiki using both Control panel and from the command line, but with no success.

When I try the control panel, I get an error shown on the Control panel as "Incorrect format parameter", so it was of no use.

I tried the following (tried with both sql extension and zip extension) from the command line as follows:

C:\Xampp\mysql\bin>mysql -u root newmediawikidb < "C:\mediaWiki\priormediawikidb.sql"

Also, tried (by changing the format of file from sql to zip) as:

C:\Xampp\mysql\bin>mysql -u root newmediawikidb < "C:\mediaWiki\priormediawikidb.zip"

By running from the command line (with both zip format and sql format) no error was thrown in the command line and I got the command line prompt back. I restarted Apache and MySQL, refreshed the PHP/MySQL browser (http://localhost:8082/phpmyadmin/), but I do NOT see the prior tables imported into newmediawiki.

The mysql_error.log does not give any information.

The prior MySQL was of version 5.0.27 if that matters.

The command prompt successfully returns but I do not see the tables into newmediawikidb.

I will appreciate any help.
userapache123

XAMPP version: xampp-windows-x64-7.4.16-0-VC1
Operating System: Windows

Re: Not able to import MySQL database from prior one

Postby Nobbie » 06. May 2021 09:46

Can you provide a link to the backup file?
Nobbie

Postby userapache123 » 08. May 2021 05:44

Hello Nobbie,
Can you please explain what you mean by "provide a link to the backup file"? The prior database file is a sql file of size about 1.5GB and when compressed as zip, the size becomes much smaller (around 200 MB).

When I use the GUI of Xampp control panel, it says "Please be patient" and I waited like that for an hour and perhaps the browser gets stale. I re-start Apache and MySQL and the mediawiki database did not get populated with the tables from the prior database.

I tried importing the tables to the existing database of "mysql" using GUI and the same behavior and the browser sits with "Please be patient".

If I try to do it using the command prompt, it returns without any error. Although re-start of Apache and MySQL does not show the new tables in mediawiki database.

Is there a log file that I can see? The mysql_error, php files do not show anything meaningful.
userapache123

XAMPP version: xampp-windows-x64-7.4.16-0-VC1
Operating System: Windows

Postby Nobbie » 09. May 2021 11:07

I want to download that backup file in order to analyze it. Maybe to install it in my environment, in order to find out what is going wrong.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows