trouble importing large SQL file

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

trouble importing large SQL file

Postby bluedimensional » 15. March 2018 21:17

hello,

i am trying to import a large SQL file - 450mb. i turned up the upload_max_filesize, memory_limit and post_max_size settings, restarted apache, and still am encountering error. is this because my XAMP is 3.2.2?

i will happily update but wanted to make sure and ask the best way to update - i have had some traumatic experiences in the past including losing data in WAMP, doing upgrades / updates / moving stuff (i am sure i may have made mistakes then, but regardless, i am wary.) and want to make sure before i try anything!

thanks!

ben
bluedimensional

XAMPP version: 3.2.2
Operating System: windows 10

Re: trouble importing large SQL file

Postby Nobbie » 16. March 2018 11:08

bluedimensional wrote:and still am encountering error. is this because my XAMP is 3.2.2?

Which error?

And 3.2.2 is not a valid release no. of Xampp (its the version number of the Xampp Controldialog). The Xampp version is the same as the PHP version since a couple of years. You will also see the version number in the filename of the installer. But first of all we need to know the fully qualified error message.
Nobbie

Postby bluedimensional » 19. March 2018 20:28

thank you for the reply - i ended up finding my php.ini, adjusting the post size and max upload size, and got past where i was.

now, it is successfully beginning the import process of my 400mb SQL file, and then it stops, complaining:
" Script timeout passed, if you want to finish import, please resubmit the same file and import will resume."

So i resume, and get the same message. I have repeated about 8 times now, so i am wondering if there is a better way or something else to tweak to allow this to import? or is this the best way?
bluedimensional

Postby JJ_Tagy » 20. March 2018 03:24

For large databases, it is best to import from the command line interface.
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Postby bluedimensional » 22. March 2018 05:01

Thank you! I will try that.
bluedimensional

Return to XAMPP for Windows