HELP!!!!! I deleted by mistake all users

Und alles was mit phpMyAdmin seine Verwandtschaft findet hat hier seinen Platz.

HELP!!!!! I deleted by mistake all users

Postby jaume_hernandez » 23. June 2011 12:51

Dear all,
I'm desperate. I deleted by mistake all users from phpmyadmin and can't get back in.
I completely uninstalled XAMPP and installed again and it keeps showing an error message:

error
MySQL said:

# 1130 - Host 'localhost' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server
The connection for controluser, as defined in your configuration failed.
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in config.inc.php and make sure they correspond with information provided by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Can anyone help please!!!
Jaume
jaume_hernandez

Re: HELP!!!!! I deleted by mistake all users

Postby Sharley » 25. June 2011 02:58

jaume_hernandez wrote:I completely uninstalled XAMPP and installed again and it keeps showing an error message
This means you may not have done the job of uninstalling correctly as there are issues when the uninstall leaves behind any uninstalled Windows Service - ticks in the Svc check boxes.

Also if you completely uninstalled XAMPP then you would have deleted the xampp folder including the mysql\data folder that contained all your user information.

So to start over and install using a different method I suggest you read and follow the instructions in this post and see if it helps you get to once again move forward:
viewtopic.php?p=179699#p179699

Might I also suggest you download, extract and use the new and much improved XAMPP Control Panel version 3 from here:
http://arloh.de/xampp/xampp_control3.0.2.zip
Topic here:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=46743

Good luck. :)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to phpMyAdmin