We are excited to announce that we just released a new version of XAMPP that includes the new PHP 5.5 version: 1.8.3. This version of PHP does not support Windows 2003 or Windows XP, it is necessary a newer version: Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 2008 and Windows 2012.
This version of XAMPP includes the following upgrades and fixes:
- New updated versions for all platforms: Windows, Linux, Linux x64 and OS X.
- Updated main components: PHP to 5.5.0, MySQL to 5.6.12 and phpMyAdmin to 126.96.36.199
- Added support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 on Windows. Linux and OS X already support that version.
- PHP now ships the PHP OPCache module by default
- Mercury Mail properly stores configuration in Windows
- Fix for XAMPP removing Windows services not created by XAMPP
- Fix XDebug module issue in Windows
- Fix issue with temporary files in OS X
- Added support for BitNami apps that you can download at http://bitnami.com/xampp
Thanks to all users that posted issues in the forums. Given the popularity of the PHP 5.4 versions, we will continue maintaining both versions moving forward. We continue working on new improvements for XAMPP.