Forum Spam

Allgemeines Forum zum Thema Apache Friends. Bei Problemen mit XAMPP bitte entweder das Linux- oder das Windows-Forum benutzen. Hier geht's wirklich nur ganz allgemein um Apache Friends.

Forum Spam

Postby greno » 16. December 2010 05:57

The spammers have found the XAMPP forum and are making drug posts in many threads.

Can the moderator please remove these spam posts in the threads?

Thank you.
greno

Re: Forum Spam

Postby steini » 16. December 2010 08:47

please report it ;)
V-Server ab 7,90€ bei simplyroot
---
steini

Operating System: Windows 10 Tech Preview

Postby greno » 21. December 2010 03:22

And here's another spam post just happened:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=43274
greno

Postby greno » 21. December 2010 16:13

And the spam posts just keep coming.

Here's some more...

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=43343
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=43338
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=43337
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=43336

Admininstrators:
Please turn on the Captcha for forum posting. That might slow down some of this.
greno

Postby greno » 24. December 2010 03:09

greno

Postby Sharley » 31. December 2010 13:17

steini wrote:please report it ;)

@Gerry

What was meant by report it was not to make posts in this forum with links to the rat bag offender's posts but rather that you click on the report post button that looks like an exclamation mark ! located in every post at the top or bottom right, depending on which board style you selected in your User Control Panel.

If you click on that ! button you will see a drop list and the second item Spam > is the one you want.

Thanks anyway for pointing out the spam.

Spammers are manually joining the forum specifically to spam so Captcha will just add an inconvenience for normal members as these days spam bots can be spotted and their IPs banned at the server.

Member steini is the spam buster of the forum who sometimes deletes these annoyances but quite often misses spam posts and seems to take far too long, which means we have to put up with the ever growing rubbish in our genuine and helpful posts.

You and every member can help the cause by clicking on the report button of every spam and suspect signature spam they come across.

Signature spammers are now replying to posts using gobbledygook or just ramble using the topic subject as a type of obfuscation to confuse our forum spam buster who at the moment seems easily fooled.

Best wishes and a Happy New Year.
Last edited by Sharley on 12. January 2011 12:17, edited 2 times in total.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby greno » 31. December 2010 20:17

Thanks Sharley. I'll push the ! button when I see these spam posts.

I think that it is going to be necessary to moderate the first 25 posts of new users in order to stop the manual spamming.

-Gerry
greno

Postby Sharley » 12. January 2011 12:33

greno wrote:I think that it is going to be necessary to moderate the first 25 posts of new users in order to stop the manual spamming.
Good idea but seems not to to have been taken up by the spam buster who seems to be a bit sluggish at the moment.

After having the need to often read older posts I find many cases where sig. spam in particular has slipped through the net and still remains in topics even after being reported - translation issues perhaps?.

So reporting spam may not be as effective as it should and needs to be, especially when the time involved in doing so by ordinary forum members can be somewhat needlessly wasted.

At this point in time spam busting on these forums can't get any worse than what it is right now but it could get much better and be more effective with some dedication and understanding of what the job entails and the reasons behind why spammers use the forums as their medium.

Just my opinion of course.

Good luck.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to Apache Friends